Where are you with this EA and what has happened to Slami? Seems things have died a little here, are you still running this on forward test and if so what are the results like?
For this EA I have spent most of my time on backtests trying to determine which combination of trade triggers was viable. Finally this weekend I think I proved to myself that there was definitely a profitable combination. So I started forward testing this past Sunday at market open. So far one winning trade, no losers.
I wish I were further along but I sill think this one has some promise. My backtesting (for what it is worth) shows reasonable monthly profit of 5-6% with a drawdown in the 25% neighborhood.
I have no idea what has happened to Slami. I had hoped he would reappear.
hm, is not the best. Maybe full version is better.
For what it is worth, my experience has been that it takes at least $10,000 to comfortably trade at the .01 lot level (admittedly, I am normally risk averse). And that was with lower volatility pairs.
Multiple10Points X2 v1.5
First I would like to apologies for not showing up since more than 2 weeks. One of the reasons was I thought this subject was not acceptable by the members..
I won't make story long, lets get to the point, during the past 2 weeks I have added many improvements on the EA.
1. SecureProfit_Percent: to specify a percentage of maximum profit of each pair, if you enter 10% it will close all trades only of that pair immediately once the total profit reaches to that percentage.
2. SecureLoss___Percent: this is for traders who wishes to use stop loss, instead of using stoploss as pips, it will close all opened positions of all pairs at the specified percentage.
3. UseWeeklyFIBO_Filter: It keeps buying only in the support levels and below, while it keeps selling in the resistance levels. This is highly recommended to be used with the high volatile pairs.
4. UseDailyFIBO_Filter: in previous versions, the EA was only using weekly fibo levels as a filter to decide the entry, now its possible to use the the daily fibo levels too, this can to be used as an extra protection with medium volatile pairs. Using both filters would make it double protection shield
5. DrawDailyLevels, DrawWeeklyLevels, ShowDashboardthese are options to make proper study and analysis on the chart when testing, for better tune ups and understanding.
6. CloseAll_OnFriday, if someone is not happy to keep opened postions on weekends, and to avoid the Monday gaps, this option can be set to true, but must enter the closing hour, either beginning of Friday or end of Friday by entering the closing hour in FridayClosingHour.
7. StopTrading_OnFriday, someone wishes to continue with the opened positions but not to open new trades on Friday, this option is for that.
8. SpreadSenser, here is the best part, we all have seen spreads gets widened during market fluctuations, the spread may reach to double the normal somtimes, I have created this option to automatically reduce the risk. Example Pips set to=20, Multiplier =1.8, TP=30 and ReduceRiskBy=20, if the spread got widen by any reason, the risk will automatically be reduced by the EA, it will turn the settings to Pips set to=24, Multiplier =1.44, TP=33, this is another way to protect the account.
9. Apart from the above option,you can specifically decide which hours to reduce the risk, if you expect some kind volatile market hours, hours can be entered manually on daily basis, or keep them permanent if there is bad hours.
10. At last,The time frame becomes the main issue here, the filters are fixed, they are not based on the any timeframe.. but the traders depend on the time frame, its simply risk controller:
15M is extreme or aggressive trading.
30M is below fair trading
H1 is very reasonable trading tf.
H4 is very careful tf.
D1 is for extreme caution trading.
Nothing is constant, here is you may select which best suites you and your way of trading.
Here is the EA with the above modifications, and later I will tell you all the stories behind each and every option in the EA.
Waiting for your feedbacks.
1. Honestly, I believe this is not an experiment, this is a result of experiments.
2. I have done my best to make this EA fully customised, that could suites any kind of trading, scalper trading, day trading, and swing trading, this is understanding all the inputs.
Can't wait to try the new version. Of course it may take a while to test all the bells and whistles.
Slami, thanks for your continued efforts.
Very good job with the newest version. I'm going to do some back and forward testing. Will post some results in 2 weeks.
Would it be possible to add 2 display lines into your EA? One that identifies the equity level experienced and another that identifies the lowest margin % experienced?
It is wonderful that the graphics show the current equity and margin percent but it would really be nice, especially for testing purposes, to know how low these 2 items went.
A bug maybe??
Hi, im still foward testing X2 v1.2. This Ea automatically open new position without following pipstep setting on 00:00 bar (IBFX). Please check. thanks
I've using this EA live from the earliest version, frankly speaking, i have a very bad experinnce with EurUsd.
My suggestion, try on GbpUsd and UsdJpy.
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. Since I posted that message I did find better settings for the eur/usd although using the older version there are still some difficult spots historically. I am in the process of testing variations of the newer version.