FreedomRocks IntraDay Method - page 5

What is "PhoenixFund"? What "profitable settings" are you referring to? Some Phoenix settings, or for this thread? What is Phoenix trailing stop and where can we get it? Are you referring to the EA that was posted a few posts above, or one that someone else is working on?

Sorry to be so dense, but I am wondering if you maybe posted in the wrong thread?

daraknor:
I've only shared the strategy online with people that contributed to PhoenixFund, sort of a perk. I'm waiting on feedback from most of them still. Nobody has found any faults in it.

I'm still contributing to Phoenix, but the bandwagon moved on. We still have profitable settings, but we did have a month or so where I wasn't sure if we had any profitable settings.

Feel free to use the trailing stop code from Phoenix 6 Released, it will automatically use the best stop possible if the broker doesn't allow a closer stop.

For exits, I do really like the ATR. Take a constant value * ATR signal and then use that for exit in pips. When the price in pips collides with the ATR, then you exit. I need to avoid looking at some code I wrote that does that for a bit to make sure I come up with something different if I write it again... copyright agreements and so forth. Very easy to write, very effective. Remember to divide by Point if you want a consistent value usable on USDJPY and other currencies without modification of scale.

Good to see the same people around, working and contributing. I've mostly been working on a trading platform written in Python. I don't use any indicators at all for trading now because I'm not sure most really work anyway. I've seen some good indicators written, but the guy is still spending another month or two writing an EA based on them. (5 months so far and each indicator has more lines of code than Phoenix...)

daraknor:
I've only shared the strategy online with people that contributed to PhoenixFund, sort of a perk. I'm waiting on feedback from most of them still. Nobody has found any faults in it.

I'm still contributing to Phoenix, but the bandwagon moved on. We still have profitable settings, but we did have a month or so where I wasn't sure if we had any profitable settings.

Feel free to use the trailing stop code from Phoenix 6 Released, it will automatically use the best stop possible if the broker doesn't allow a closer stop.

For exits, I do really like the ATR. Take a constant value * ATR signal and then use that for exit in pips. When the price in pips collides with the ATR, then you exit. I need to avoid looking at some code I wrote that does that for a bit to make sure I come up with something different if I write it again... copyright agreements and so forth. Very easy to write, very effective. Remember to divide by Point if you want a consistent value usable on USDJPY and other currencies without modification of scale.

Good to see the same people around, working and contributing. I've mostly been working on a trading platform written in Python. I don't use any indicators at all for trading now because I'm not sure most really work anyway. I've seen some good indicators written, but the guy is still spending another month or two writing an EA based on them. (5 months so far and each indicator has more lines of code than Phoenix...)

Thanks for the advice on the ATR. That is also one of the exit strategies employed by Mr. Pip on the Steinitz HAS EA. We haven't fully tested it yet, but will be doing that soon. We're not going to add a lot of bells and whistles on this Intraday EA yet until we have some better idea that the underlying system has merit or not, but your suggestions are well taken. Thank you!

Yes, the bandwagon....constantly rolling eh? I sorta fell off that one myself... . Its difficult to stay focused, but I have to blame it on recent health problems, so I'm not entirely to blame . I've had it in my mind to revisit the Phoenix threads to see how things were going, but haven't made the time yet. Will definitely do that soon though!

Thanks very much for offering the Phoenix TS code! Perhaps Guyver can implement that when he has some free time...we're not on a rush schedule here...just doing some testing to see what shakes out. I prefer to take my time and look at things as they develop so I don't miss anything if possible.

Thanks again for your insights and kind assistance, we'll see how it all plays out with this strategy. Take care and God bless!

Guyver:
This version improvements

1. Will trade long and short - just enable switch in the options

2. Time Feature ( nothing fancy - uses whole numbers to open & close orders at specific time and close each with incomming tick)

i just didn't had time to implement trailing stop yet i will as soon as possible there are options here as stated by members so i have to dig inside more.

any errors let me know.

guyver.

Great! Thanks Guyver, I'll try it out!

Hey, there's no rush here....just when you have some spare time. Thank you very much!

Current version and changes...

Guyver,

I don't foresee this as a "big" project like some others on this forum, but I'm going to post the link to the latest version of this EA on the first page of this thread. I'm also going to name the file you most recently posted FR-Intraday_v1.0, if you have no objections. Any subsequent minor changes will be v1.1, v1.2, etc... If we implement any major changes, then we'll go to v2.0, v2.1, etc. Sound ok?

I just like to keep organized so folks can easily follow what were trying to do here.

Previous versions of FR-Intraday...

These are the first two iterations of Guyver's EA, just for historical purposes. These are both unusable for the purposes of testing our strategy here, but may be of some benefit to other applications. Thanks Guyver!

mikejody:
What is "PhoenixFund"? What "profitable settings" are you referring to? Some Phoenix settings, or for this thread? What is Phoenix trailing stop and where can we get it? Are you referring to the EA that was posted a few posts above, or one that someone else is working on? Sorry to be so dense, but I am wondering if you maybe posted in the wrong thread?

The Phoenix EA was one that Daraknor was in charge of developing several months ago in 2006. It was a great project and he did an excellent job of getting it organized and keeping it on track. He's referring to the "profitable settings" they were coming up with for the Phoenix EA, not the one we're working on here. He generously offered for us to use a snip of trailing stop code from the Phoenix EA 6 Released version. Hopefully, when Guyver has some free time, he can integrate into the FR Intraday EA. Daraknor has also suggested using an ATR function for the exit strategy on our EA here as well. I think it has merit, but unless Guyver just doesn't have anything better to do, there's no rush to implement that right now.

I'll try to find the Phoenix 6 Released version so Guyver won't have to track it down. I'm assuming it's available in the .mq4 file format so he can just cut/paste with few mods...

EDIT: Here's the download thread for Phoenix 6 Released versions....there are 4 different files, so I'm not sure which one is best, but I'm assuming they all probably have the same TS code that Daraknor offered. Perhaps he will comment on that?

PHOENIX 6 RELEASED

interesting idea

can it combine with C-TRADER methode?

stevenali:
interesting idea can it combine with C-TRADER methode?

Dunno...haven't looked at C-Trader.

Do we have an acceptable EA for this method yet?

Results so far....

RESULTS:

WEEK #1

TUE 7/10/07

GBP/USD +60 pips $600.00

EUR/USD +60 pips $600.00

USD/JPY -40 pips -$325.34

USD/CHF -40 pips -$329.82

WED 7/11/07

GBP/USD +60 pips $600.00

EUR/USD -40 pips -$400.00

USD/JPY +55 pips $451.19

USD/CHF +25 pips $207.71

THUR 7/12/07

GBP/USD -40 pips -$400.00

EUR/USD +31 pips $310.00

USD/JPY -41 pips -$336.48

USD/CHF -40 pips -$332.81

FRI 7/13/07

GBP/USD +60 pips $600.00

EUR/USD 0 pips $0.00 (-$18.38 swap interest, position carried over weekend)

USD/JPY -43 pips -$422.92

USD/CHF -40 pips -$399.93

--------------------------------------

WEEK #2

MON 7/16/07

GBP/USD +60 pips $600.00

EUR/USD -10 pips -$100.00

USD/JPY -40 pips -$328.76

USD/CHF -40 pips -$333.53

TUE 7/17/07

GBP/USD +60 pips $600.00

EUR/USD 0 pips $0.00 (-$18.38 swap interest, position carried over to next day)

USD/JPY +30 pips $245.25

USD/CHF -40 pips -$333.56

WED 7/18/07

GBP/USD +20 pips $200.00

EUR/USD +10 pips $100.00

USD/JPY -40 pips -$328.60

USD/CHF -40 pips -$334.00

THUR 7/19/07

GBP/USD -30 pips -$300.00

EUR/USD +3 pips $30.00 (-$18.41 swap interest, closed past 5:00pm)

USD/JPY +21 pips $171.86 (+$3.11 swap interest, closed past 5:00pm)

USD/CHF +18 pips $149.50 (-$2.50 swap interest, closed past 5:00pm)

FRI 7/20/07

GBP/USD +26 pips $260.00

EUR/USD -14 pips -$140.00

USD/JPY +10 pips $81.75

USD/CHF +16 pips $132.67

--------------------------------------

Week 1

Total NET PIPS = +27 pips

Total Profit/Loss = +$403.24

Cash Balance = $10,403.24

ROI = 4.03%

Week 2