RSI of Moving Average - page 39

jacetheface:
Hi guys, I'm attempting to create a RSIoma indi in a different charting package (TC2000). I have tried using the RSI of a few different moving averages and also the MACD but I cant get it to look anything like the MT4 version.

Do any of you kind folks know the basic formula to create something close to the RSIoma with default period settings(14)?

Many thanks

Jace

*EDIT I have now created the indicator by using Wilders RSI instead of the standard.

Here is how it can be done in tradestation (that allows direct functions usage in parameters)

The result is rsioma (rsi of moving average)

Files:
rsiona.gif  52 kb

mladen:
Here is how it can be done in tradestation (that allows direct functions usage in parameters)

The result is rsioma (rsi of moving average)

So simple?

I thought it is much more complicated

on my own:
So simple? I thought it is much more complicated

Sometimes simple things work the best

nbtrading:
Sometimes simple things work the best

Yep

The idea of RSIOMA is a simple one. Filtering prices with some good (low lag) filter seems to be working on almost all indicators - removing the noise from price before using price for calculation always is a good idea

Hello,

the OnChart RSI cant be used, because there are errors if you compile it.

Please can you change it correctly.

Thank you.

ac_boerse:
Hello,

the OnChart RSI cant be used, because there are errors if you compile it.

Please can you change it correctly.

Thank you.

You have to use this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178733/page50

Great, Thank you.

This is a upgraded version of rsioma, code is somewhat smaller and made it more user friendly.

mrtools:
This is a upgraded version of rsioma, code is somewhat smaller and made it more user friendly.

Thanks ...

Here is RSIOMA that is by some Serbian guy with a lot of c's and z's in his name which i cannot remember. This RSIOMA is famous for its use with the Alien Extraterrestrial System on forex factory. You use it as a slingshot with the DSS (Drake Delay Stochastic) shown on chart (purple line). Cheers

Files:
rsioma_2.mq4  6 kb
eurusdh1.png  44 kb
Reason: