PipMaker v1 - Price action based EA - page 77

duyduy:
1st I want to thank u for posting forward test result.

But I want to ask, U use leverage 1:100 on martiangle??

I see in your statement u use max buy and max sell is 10

Do u know when reach level 9, margin required to open level 10 is $10230 for one pair? that is start with level 1 = 0.01 lot

While your account balance start is $5000 for 9 pair

I see in GJ and EJ u reach level 7,but is that really the point of reversal?

I'm curious. Maybe u could help, by see the expert or journal tab, Is there some error said "Not enough money"

Maybe the ea want to open level 8, but the margin is not enough then floating around cause no SL and reverse.

Thanks in advance

Ok, my english is very bad but I try to explain :

1:100 is the leverage that I use on my DEMO account but... it's a error of my part when I've created my DEMO account because I would 1:200...

It's a mistake that I see after 3 days.

1:100 --> Not on a real account !

Sorry,

Michel

uconn10016:
Hi Michel,

I have been lurking and testing this EA which I think is fantastic. I have been comparing my results to the ones you posts and noted that there are some major difference in the floating P/L. I am hoping to replicate your setup and hope you can help me identify where my error is:

Here are the currency pairs I have setup

audjpy

audusd

chfjpy

eurchf

eurgbp

eurusd

gbpchf

gbpjpy

usdcad

usdchf

usdjpy

I am using the following set file

TradeShort=1

TradeLong=1

UseDPO=1

UseCCI=1

CCIPeriod=15

LotSize=0.01000000

LotIncrement=0.01000000

Multiplier=2.00000000

ProfitTarget=1

SL=0.00000000

OpenOnTick=1

Spacing=15

TrendSpacing=1000

CounterTrendMultiplier=1.00000000

CloseDelay=10

CeaseTrading=0

PasueTrading=Pause Trading at Timeinterval

StartTime=0

EndTime=0

QuitTrading=Quit Trading at Time

endDayHourMinute=0

RightSideLabel=1

SessionTarget=20000

MaximumBuyOrders=10

MaximumSellOrders=10

SLTotalinDollar=20000.00000000

and using Pipmaker_V10-1.ex4

anyhelp is GREATLY APPRECIATED!! thanks in advance

Bizarre...

I've a second DEMO account on IBX : forward test is here Statement: 1831494 - dmbsys

I've not the same result that you and I start this test on january on these pairs :

EUR/USD USD/JPY GBP/USD USD/CHF USD/CAD AUD/USD NZD/USD EUR/GBP EUR/JPY and EUR/CHF

I post my set file on IBFX

Michel

Files:

I'm new to this thread, but have browsed a large portion of it. It seems like Pipmaker has great potential, even from the first post by Don_Forex, but no one is really satisfied with it yet, as evidenced by the discussion of PipMaker v10-1. I've run a few backtests of each version, and I seem to get the best results with Version 5a Neo (the next-to-last one on Post #1).

But all of them fail to run very long in backtest...from a few days to a few weeks. Then the balance crashes. I've never had a backtest complete the date range that I set for it. When looking at the test chart, there's nothing that I can see to suggest why all the trades suddenly close with big losses. I admit I haven't studied the logic, although I intend to, beginning with Version 5a Neo. Version 10-1 has not fixed this, because it does the same thing.

I am very curious whether this big crash also occurs with forward testing on a demo account. Or is this just something that happens on the backtester?

I forward tested with great results on a demo since january, despite many large movements, no blowup yet - see the attached statement.

jimven:
I'm new to this thread, but have browsed a large portion of it. It seems like Pipmaker has great potential, even from the first post by Don_Forex, but no one is really satisfied with it yet, as evidenced by the discussion of PipMaker v10-1. I've run a few backtests of each version, and I seem to get the best results with Version 5a Neo (the next-to-last one on Post #1).

But all of them fail to run very long in backtest...from a few days to a few weeks. Then the balance crashes. I've never had a backtest complete the date range that I set for it. When looking at the test chart, there's nothing that I can see to suggest why all the trades suddenly close with big losses. I admit I haven't studied the logic, although I intend to, beginning with Version 5a Neo. Version 10-1 has not fixed this, because it does the same thing.

I am very curious whether this big crash also occurs with forward testing on a demo account. Or is this just something that happens on the backtester?

The set file from dmbsys is great I aslo test it on demo.

Will post the result weeklly

sivach:
I forward tested with great results on a demo since january, despite many large movements, no blowup yet - see the attached statement.

what settings work the best or using the PipMaker Neo EA? Currency Pair, Time Frame and specific EA settings? What are you trying?

thanks

I try only GBPJPY. in 5m timeframe, pipmaker v10, settings attached. Do a backtest and decide, maybe good settings and timeframe or not???

jesseboy:
what settings work the best or using the PipMaker Neo EA? Currency Pair, Time Frame and specific EA settings? What are you trying? thanks
Files:

Now that I've looked at some of the code in the v5 Neo version, I see that "Point" is used for many of the calculations.

Since I use Velocity4x as my broker, and they merged into Gain Capital (Forex.com), they have changed the value of "Point." For most currency pairs, such as EURUSD and GBPUSD, "Point" is normally 0.0001, but now, Velocity4x has added another decimal value to all prices, and "Point" is 0.00001. With Japanese currencies, it was 0.01, but now it is 0.001.

So I'll have to modify the program to get a good simulation. Everything I wrote earlier is probably wrong, based on this...

sivach:
I try only GBPJPY. in 5m timeframe, pipmaker v10, settings attached. Do a backtest and decide, maybe good settings and timeframe or not???

thanks, how many trades a day does this make?

It makes between only 4-12 trades a day, but with the settings (40 pip gap), I managed to survive without big drawdown or margin call so far. Today only 4 take profits done, quiet day for gippy. . I think, you have to find proper different settings for other currencies, but I like GBPJPY.

jesseboy:
thanks, how many trades a day does this make?
Reason: