fxbs  

sto placed in chart window (instead sw)

spiritbreezer
spiritbreezer  

mladen

mladen:
Stochastic drawing the "overbought" and "oversold" region Tradestation style

Morning.

Could you pleasedothe same with the stochastics as you did with the RSI please. Make it change colour dependinghigher orlower then previous point.

Thank you

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

regards

mladen

Linuxser
Linuxser  
mladen:

regards

mladen

As you can see on Market Maker

gutsu001
gutsu001  

MTF Stochastics Alert

hey guys,

i am using the MTF_Stochastics at the moment with 15M, 30M, 1H and 4H on a 15M chart. i was wondering if there is a way/indicator where when the 30M and 1H cross each other, i would get an alert (email/sound).

thx

guts

kamon
kamon  
FXSamurai:
Below you'll find a chart example of the stochastic settings I use. The first chart is the way I use the settings, the second is the same, but with every stochastic split from the rest.

The basic setting is 8-3-3 (i.e. slow stochastic). As mystified points out, settings like 5-3-3 or 14-3-3 (or 13-3-3) have all their own qualities and possibilities. Personally, I'm most comfortable with 8-3-3 and have developped a whole range of strategies with and around it.

I combine the 8-3-3 stochastic with 3 multiples of it, similarly to using a MTF (Multiple Time Frame) version (if you multiply the basic setting by 2, then for a 30m chart, you get more or less exactly the levels of a 1 hour chart).

These various stochastics I then stack all together in one window, and combine them with other indicators, like CCI, MACD, RSI, DeMarker, etc... There's a whole lot of great signals that you can take from these, and I worked out numerous strategies which I'm trading or forward testing at the moment (too many, and too versatile to mention here - I'll just point out that it's not a matter of simply acting on one standard type of oversold-/bought situation, there's many variations of it, depending on the levels of the various different stochastics and other indicators).

One of the things I found is that the best levels to go by should be fibonacci levels. Interestingly, I recently saw another poster on this forum use these on his charts, the only difference being that I also use the 16.18/83.82 level, for maximum oversold/-bought levels.

Explore and enjoy!

thanks, that was very helpful

i have a question though, how do you use the slow sto 208,78,78 ?

kamon
kamon  
rayz:
Hi guys..

i newbie in forex trading, i need your help to build a simple EA for me.

Can someone help me? i really appreciate if someone can help me.

my setting simple EA:-

TF M5

Stochastic (5.3.3)

TP 10PIPS

LOTS 0.1

enter position buy when line stoch cross at level 80

enter positon sell when line stoch cross at level 20

*sorry for my english

thanks.

whatever your trading style, you have to have stoploss

many newbies blow their account for not having one

here, i hope this brings some light to your tunnel