OILFXPRO Martingale breakout system E A 100% PROFITABLE - page 5

strategy better than indicators based strategy

This strategy is probably better than many t/a and indicators based strategies.

The t/a and indicator based strategies work very well until the the trader gains confidence in it................................and increases position size like martingalers............................and strategy starts failing cause indicators don't work as previously and blows his account

IS THERE A BETTER METHOD?

eL cID

Hi el cid,

could you show me where to find one? Thanks.

el cid:
warningThis is not a good strategy to trade.

There are many other strategies which will make $75 per day with less than $2,000 account.

It should not be used for real trading

5 PIP BREAKOUT WILL WORK, I BELIEVE.

IN FACT, IF NO SPREAD, YOU CAN GO DOWN TO 2 PIP range BREAKOUT.

THE SMALLEST PIP THE SURERif the market move

el cid:
Somebody is trading this strategy on a 5 pip breakout on cable on futures and he is not getting caught with cable in a 5 pip range for long.He has a stop loss on number of trades at 6.He does not pay the spread on futures accounts.

He is looking at other more volatile instruments like dax and oil which rarely stay in a 5 point range.

Regards

El Cid

if the breakout range is set bigger than ping-pong range, then you are still ok.

the better strategy is to dynamically change the breakout range ie. take some loss and re-adjust your entry levels, but continue with the progression.

another way is to start with "anti trend", ie. breakout high = sell; breakout low, buy.

Michel:
NO, this is NOT true !

You can have some chance, but if only one day the market starts to play ping-pong between two levels, you are off !

Best Regards,

Michel

el cid:
THIS SYSTEM IS 100 % PROFITABLE YET 95 % OF TRADERS LOSE MONEY,18750 pips per annum There is one minor flaw to this method ..........slippage and how do we handle it?

EI cid,

Thanks for sharing.

TickJob:
5 PIP BREAKOUT WILL WORK, I BELIEVE.

IN FACT, IF NO SPREAD, YOU CAN GO DOWN TO 2 PIP range BREAKOUT.

THE SMALLEST PIP THE SURER
if the market move

If u use 5 ticks .you have to come out very fast maybe with 2 pips profit after 3 progressions.

As long as you can keep exits sharp without build up of positions ,it would work nicely

with a E A we can test this

regards

El Cid

TickJob:
Hi el cid, could you show me where to find one? Thanks.

There is a scalping method which produces 10 ticks daily*!0= $100 ,using 1 lot and margin of $500 to $1500 depending on which broker u use .There are people who make $100 daily by trading it.

You have to finetune it and find it from here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177070

I am not going to give a handout on it

Regards

El cID

I did some backtest with the elCid_noLoss EA for EurUsd in 2007 it seems the best Target value is around 30, not 5.

I would suggest a fib progression on this EA.

maybe using two pairs of closely correlated opposite pairs will be the solution.

or the same pair but two different accounts, one only buy, the other only sell.

For example GBP/USD

if 1.9930, account 1: buy 1; if 1.9940, close all positions and take profit.

if 1.9920, account 2: sell 3; if 1.9920, close all positions and take profit.

if 1.9930, account 1: buy 6; if 1.9940, close all positions and take profit.

if 1.9920, account 2: sell 12; if 1.9920, close all positions and take profit.

if 1.9930, account 1: buy 24; if 1.9940, close all positions and take profit.

if 1.9920, account 2: sell 48; if 1.9920, close all positions and take profit.

if 1.9930, account 1: buy 96; if 1.9940, close all positions and take profit.

if 1.9920, account 2: sell 192; if 1.9920, close all positions and take profit.

until fund not enough, take some loss, the worst case is loss half of the total positions, not all.

Reason: