OILFXPRO Martingale breakout system E A 100% PROFITABLE - page 4

nubika:
Michel, I meant the one stevenali posted on page 121.

It even has the same name as El Cid's suggestion.

nubika

Oops... Sorry...

Michel:
It's not at all the same behavior: the bless does not change direction. This one does. The bless is good in ranging markets and bad in trending ones. For this method it's the opposite. elCid, if you explain how to enter the first trade (level + direction), I will make your EA.

Michel

I have just done a manual backtest of trades on 14 th june and logged each entry below on excel.

If you go to 1 min chart and go through the entries you will understand the system better

On 14 th June it had 5 winning martingales and profits of 75 pips.A hundred % record as suggested.

If a system like this can produce 75 pips per day automated = 18750 pips per annum on a 20,000 account = it is equivalent to 93% return on investment

We can look at this strategy further after a correct E A has been produced.It can have different variables like take profit,stop loss,reverse etc

El cID

THIS SYSTEM IS 100 % PROFITABLE YET 95 % OF TRADERS LOSE MONEY,18750 pips per annum

There is one minor flaw to this method ..........slippage and how do we handle it?

el cid:
THIS SYSTEM IS 100 % PROFITABLE YET 95 % OF TRADERS LOSE MONEY,18750 pips per annum There is one minor flaw to this method ..........slippage and how do we handle it?

el Cid, you seem a nice guy, but really, are you blind or what ?

The minor flaw is not at all the slippage ! the minor flaw happens when you have to open 192 full lots !!! (2eme martingale june 14 13h21).

I know there are at this time only 128 lots in the market... If you loose this one, the next step is then to open 384 full lots ???

What is totally wrong with this "strategy" is that you may have to put more than 128 lots on the table to win only 150$ : just look at your excel sheet !

At the opposite, the bless system allows you to compound all positions (they are in the same direction) and to have a profit based on the averaged entry price (and the total risk you take); in that way, more you loose, more you win... , but here, more you loose, you always win 150$ !

My EA folows exactly your method exept it restart randomly the direction of the next martingale, but, trust me, you can curvefit with any reffinement you want, if you don't find a solution to the fundamental flaw, it will remain pointless.

And we don't have yet say anything about margin needed !

If a system like this can produce 75 pips per day automated = 18750 pips per annum on a 20,000 account = it is equivalent to 93% return on investment

You cannot open 192 lots on a 20k$ account.

el cid:

If 300 pips per day is possible ,then 75,000 pips per annum could be possible

NO, this is NOT true !

You can have some chance, but if only one day the market starts to play ping-pong between two levels, you are off !

el Cid, please, delete this stupid thread; I am afraid that some idiot here follows this system in real.

Best Regards,

Michel

Michel:
el Cid, you seem a nice guy, but really, are you blind or what ?

My EA folows exactly your method exept it restart randomly the direction of the next martingale, but, trust me, you can curvefit with any reffinement you want, if you don't find a solution to the fundamental flaw, it will remain pointless.

And we don't have yet say anything about margin needed !

You cannot open 192 lots on a 20k$ account.

Agreed

You need more like 150k to fund this account on full lots ....but what if you trade mini lots or less on 8 different currency pairs on the same account?

Would one be able to get 300 pips per day using say 30,000 account or a 75,000 account?

If 300 pips per day is possible ,then 75,000 pips per annum could be possible

Maybe it will work very well at OANDA

I started this thread with a view to trading at Oanda on API.I was thinking about use half mini lots or much much less at Oanda and also using several martingale grids running long and short in separate accounts

We could look at different grids etc but could require higher drawdowns or wider grids may work better

I understand your point about the risk reward etc and the margin required but 8 currency pairs are unlikely to require full margin all at the same time

I am not blind but I do see a very profitable automated trading system for a multi currency trader

regards

El Cid

Michel:
NO, this is NOT true !

You can have some chance, but if only one day the market starts to play ping-pong between two levels, you are off !

el Cid, please, delete this stupid thread; I am afraid that some idiot here follows this system in real.

Best Regards,

Michel

I have respect for you and would like to delete this thread but do npot know how so I will P M newdigital

Regards

El Cid

warningThis is not a good strategy to trade.

There are many other strategies which will make $75 per day with less than $2,000 account.

It should not be used for real trading

el cid:
warningThis is not a good strategy to trade.

There are many other strategies which will make $75 per day with less than $2,000 account.

It should not be used for real trading

Agreed. It always looks good on paper, but the high risk to low reward ratio is much too great.

wolfe:
Agreed. It always looks good on paper, but the high risk to low reward ratio is much too great.

Somebody is trading this strategy on a 5 pip breakout on cable on futures and he is not getting caught with cable in a 5 pip range for long.He has a stop loss on number of trades at 6.He does not pay the spread on futures accounts.

He is looking at other more volatile instruments like dax and oil which rarely stay in a 5 point range.

Regards

El Cid

Reason: