Difference between MT4 / MT5 and adjusting MT4 EA

Hi everyone,

I have been putting together an EA in MT4 and would like to have an MT5 version too. I am not sure what the differences are between the languages, can anyone shed some light.

I am learning to code my EAs and would like to have an MT5 version so I can use the cloud optimization service. Can someone assist with a conversion?

Thanks

Files:

rg83:
Hi everyone,

I have been putting together an EA in MT4 and would like to have an MT5 version too. I am not sure what the differences are between the languages, can anyone shed some light.

I am learning to code my EAs and would like to have an MT5 version so I can use the cloud optimization service. Can someone assist with a conversion?

Thanks

Those are (orders wise) two completely different trading platforms, and coding language and rules are quite different (even with this new metatrader 4)

If you are just starting better to forget converting it - you will need a lot of time to learn how it can be done and even then it is sure that the results will be the same - due to the different logic of orders handling)

OK MT4 its is then, I thought maybe it was a simple conversion. I am trying to find a way to optimize the EA as I cant get access on MT4. Its useless at the moment and wont work. Any ideas?

Did you check if any errors are written in the tester journal tab?

Maybe something there is preventing you from testing more

No errors posted, I have no idea

There's this really good article: 'Migrating from MQL4 to MQL5' - an article about the algorithmic/automated trading in MetaTrader

But beware because even using those functions, some won't work and you'll have to adapt the code to MQL5 other way.

VSATrading:
There's this really good article: 'Migrating from MQL4 to MQL5' - an article about the algorithmic/automated trading in MetaTrader But beware because even using those functions, some won't work and you'll have to adapt the code to MQL5 other way.

Sorry but with new changes, almost nothing of what is described in that article will not work as expected. Much better to write the mq5 version from scratch

Reason: