Volume : The Truth of Secret !! - page 7

The spot market is way to big to use volume as an accurate indicator. your missing the big picture entirley.

Repaint?

Does this indicator repaint the past?

khari123:
Does this indicator repaint the past?

yes, not only it repaints but in almost all cases has a delay of about 5-6 bars.

regards

tsdpka:
yes, not only it repaints but in almost all cases has a delay of about 5-6 bars. regards

I guess it's like the Zigzag with repaint. 5-6 bars late isn't bad with a setting of 65. You still can catch the move.

Volume, what FX brokers don't want you to know

Hi All just my 2 cents on FX and volume :

I'm using the MFI indicator for quite some time ( Money Flow Index ) to

track oversold/overbought levels and I am surprised that I can't find a thread on this board about this indicator...

It's using regular metatrader volume info and I think it works pretty well on 1M, 15M and daily charts with MFI period 5 or 6 ... see attached charts

It can be used for entry and exit and also prevents you of big reversals... Usually the best conditions are :

- Overbought, the MFI get back down from the 100 level it can stick up there for quite some bars

- Oversold the same but on the 0 level

Basically any reading above 80 is overbought and under 20 it's oversold.

You have to take care of the underlying trend, it offsets the curve up in an uptrend and down in a down trend.

You can also look out for divergence price going higher but MFI going down

there are some nice articles on MFI google them...

I researched alot about volume because my broker offers me true volume info and find the following links interesting :

- Volume spread analysis : TradeGuider | Trading Software | Investment Software | Volume Indicators try to find the articles and pdf about this method af analysing where the smart money goes

- Tradeflow : http://www.hartleandflow.com/photos/photo/513595872/10year_Tnote_Futures.html

Very impressing charting software to analyse how volume influences price movement

Pump up the Volume

Files:
mfi1m.gif  24 kb
mfi15m.gif  24 kb
mfi1d.gif  23 kb

tsdpka:
yes, not only it repaints but in almost all cases has a delay of about 5-6 bars. regards

Indraws Volume Analysis was not designed as an all-in-one trading strategy. It's only purpose was as an experiment in analyzing volume.

Thanks

svifx:
Hi All just my 2 cents on FX and volume :

I'm using the MFI indicator for quite some time ( Money Flow Index ) to

track oversold/overbought levels and I am surprised that I can't find a thread on this board about this indicator...

It's using regular metatrader volume info and I think it works pretty well on 1M, 15M and daily charts with MFI period 5 or 6 ... see attached charts

It can be used for entry and exit and also prevents you of big reversals... Usually the best conditions are :

- Overbought, the MFI get back down from the 100 level it can stick up there for quite some bars

- Oversold the same but on the 0 level

Basically any reading above 80 is overbought and under 20 it's oversold.

You have to take care of the underlying trend, it offsets the curve up in an uptrend and down in a down trend.

You can also look out for divergence price going higher but MFI going down

there are some nice articles on MFI google them...

I researched alot about volume because my broker offers me true volume info and find the following links interesting :

- Volume spread analysis : TradeGuider | Trading Software | Investment Software | Volume Indicators try to find the articles and pdf about this method af analysing where the smart money goes

- Tradeflow : http://www.hartleandflow.com/photos/photo/513595872/10year_Tnote_Futures.html

Very impressing charting software to analyse how volume influences price movement

Pump up the Volume

That was a heck of an article! Very informative. Thanks for passing it on.

Ahhaaa ..

Cool ..

I'm still here around , searching and make some stats .. It seems to be a hard project but hope to get valuable results .. lets waiting ..

About TradeGuider .. It is some software that uses a concept called : VOLUME SPREAD ANALYSIS ( VSA ) .. It is really something NEW and it is really How does Pro Smart Money are trading ... I still have a lot about VSA.

VSA seems to be the right tool for trading ; but : It is really HARD to be professional here ; damn : It is How PRO's are thinking !!!

I still wish to accomplish my IDEAS ..

thanx for all who cares ..

So, how is it guys?

This really8 good project...

So, how is it guys?

This really8 good project...

Reason: