Help with a csv export - page 2

basza:
Hi Linuxser

Do you want the .cvs file?

Or can you alter the indi at the top of this topic?

Thanks for helping out

Cheers

Basza

The CSV if it's not big because the TIME_DATE function have only one way to show the date. TIME_DATE gets result as "yyyy.mm.dd". But main problem here is the code. This indicator is saving the date wrong, everithing with 1930, not the real date.

Let me investigate a little.

Linuxser:
The CSV if it's not big because the TIME_DATE function have only one way to show the date. TIME_DATE gets result as "yyyy.mm.dd". But main problem here is the code. This indicator is saving the date wrong, everithing with 1930, not the real date. Let me investigate a little.

Thanks Linuxser

The file is 242kb (4498 rows) so I won't post it

Once again thanks for helping

Basza

Linuxser:
The CSV if it's not big because the TIME_DATE function have only one way to show the date. TIME_DATE gets result as "yyyy.mm.dd". But main problem here is the code. This indicator is saving the date wrong, everithing with 1930, not the real date. Let me investigate a little.

Try this one: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

The save folder is MT4\experts\files\Export_History\

Final results is 2008.10.06,18:02,1.1457,1.1465,1.1456,1.1464,33

Linuxser:
Try this one: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

The save folder is MT4\experts\files\Export_History\

Final results is 2008.10.06,18:02,1.1457,1.1465,1.1456,1.1464,33

Thanks a lot Linuxser for pointing me to what I was looking for.

Cheers

Basza

basza:
Thanks a lot Linuxser for pointing me to what I was looking for.

Cheers

Basza

Then you can use the excel text functions to extract the date separately and create one column for year, another for month, another for day...

Tool or script to export variable data to Excel.csv file?

Hi coders,

I have indicators that display trading data. What are the various options to get the displayed data from the variable in the indicator into a *.csv file?

Perhaps the indicator could be made into a script or a script could be written to get the information from the indicator? What is involved to create such a tool?

For example, my indicator might provide the average price over the last 2 weeks. How could I place that value in a *.csv file?

If anyone has a sample piece of working code, kindly post it here and please include how it works, what it does and how to use it. Then I may be able to figure out how to get it set up the way I want it.

Ideally, I would put the code into an existing indicator to keep all the code in one place then just blank it out in the indicator and activate it in the script saved separately.

Any tips on the differences between scripts and indicators as far as coding distinctions, would also be appreciated.

Thanks for any help you can give.

WRR

WRR:
Hi coders,

I have indicators that display trading data. What are the various options to get the displayed data from the variable in the indicator into a *.csv file?

Perhaps the indicator could be made into a script or a script could be written to get the information from the indicator? What is involved to create such a tool?

For example, my indicator might provide the average price over the last 2 weeks. How could I place that value in a *.csv file?

If anyone has a sample piece of working code, kindly post it here and please include how it works, what it does and how to use it. Then I may be able to figure out how to get it set up the way I want it.

Ideally, I would put the code into an existing indicator to keep all the code in one place then just blank it out in the indicator and activate it in the script saved separately.

Any tips on the differences between scripts and indicators as far as coding distinctions, would also be appreciated.

Thanks for any help you can give.

WRR

Please, read current thread.

Linuxser:
Please, read current thread.

Linuxser,

thanks very much. I read through quite a bit of the material and some of the subthead links and found some code that I adapted and it works great!

WRR

PS, it would be great if Forex-TSD could change this forum so that with a press of a button in a thread, all the attachments such as screen shots and indicators are listed and can be download like another popular forex forum offers.

WRR:
Linuxser,

thanks very much. I read through quite a bit of the material and some of the subthead links and found some code that I adapted and it works great!

WRR

PS, it would be great if Forex-TSD could change this forum so that with a press of a button in a thread, all the attachments such as screen shots and indicators are listed and can be download like another popular forex forum offers.

Something like the tool where the mouse is clicking?

Files:

Data convertor from .csv to .hst

Hi,

does anybody help me in converting a .csv file into a .hst file for PFG FX platform.

unfortunately, I can not attach here the two model files.

the Posting Rules don't allow me this.

strange, it would be more professional if would have been possible to do that.

If anybody could help me , let me know his e-mail address and I'll send the two model files.

thanks.

Tigrotto

Reason: