MA cross/Price cross MA EA - page 18

mrtools:
Sachin_syd, shows on build 765 for me.

dear mrtools,

I've been trying out your 'Price Cross Ma Hi-Lo Ea_v1.00' and it works very well. I have one question though: would it be possible to modify this EA so it trades from one signal to the next? I mean, like opening a buy when a candle opens above the high-ma and close that trade only when a candle opens below the low-ma, after which it would open a sell trade, which will be closed when a candle opens above the high-ma, etc. This would mean there will always be a trade open...

Next best thing would be to make it so the EA opens only one trade (buy or sell) and after reaching the take profit it would then wait for the next signal in the opposite direction (if the stop loss gets hit, the EA could take the next signal in either direction - maybe that's asking a bit much, but hope the first modification is possible, cause that's what I'm really most interested in).

Wanna thank you and mister mladen hereby for your great efforts on this and other sites!

Kind regards,

Ronald

sachin_syd:
Max isnt working as u can see I had 6 pips as max but it took a sell trades far away from MA

Hi sachin_syd,

I'm afraid you're right, the 'MaxCrossDistance' isn't working properly. Been testing the 'Price Cross Ma Hi-Lo Ea' (v1.00 and v.1.01) and the results look promising, if only everything would be working the way it was intended by mrtools (and mladen, later on). I'm using a MA high/low channel in my manual trading and it's by far the best method I've practiced the last couple of years, so if this EA was to work effectively, that would be so nice. As it is now, one cannot trade (or at least test) from buy signal to the next sell signal (and vice versa), nor is it possible to use fixed Take Profit and Stop Loss, because the EA just keeps opening buy trades, as long as price is above the UpperMA and sell trades as long as price is below the LowerMA, no matter how big the distance might be between price and the MA... Also the time filter doesn't seem to work correctly.

Hope mrtools or mladen will take another look at it and get the EA's to work correctly.

Cheers and good luck with your trading,

Ronald

sachin_syd:
Max isnt working as u can see I had 6 pips as max but it took a sell trades far away from MA

Sachin_syd, the 3 trades your showing look less than the 6 pip max, but it's hard to verify.

mrtools:
Sachin_syd, the 3 trades your showing look less than the 6 pip max, but it's hard to verify.

Mr Tools I am referring to only the first sell trade where max didnt work and 3rd trade (sell) where min didnt work either. Time filters do not work as Ronald also mentioned. Fixing these issues should improve profitability by avoiding illiquid asian session and entry during sudden sharp move due to news action.

sachin_syd:
Mr Tools I am referring to only the first sell trade where max didnt work and 3rd trade (sell) where min didnt work either. Time filters do not work as Ronald also mentioned. Fixing these issues should improve profitability by avoiding illiquid asian session and entry during sudden sharp move due to news action.

Sachin_syd, checking the code, but it seems like it's one of the new bugs of the new mt4 build, and it needs much more testing in order to find out what exactly is going on with it.

mrtools:
Sachin_syd, checking the code, but it seems like it's one of the new bugs of the new mt4 build, and it needs much more testing in order to find out what exactly is going on with it.

Can you please use the code from the current file of MA HILO version and write it in a new file. You can guess why I am still talking abt this after almost 2 years.. because it has potential. May be a few more modification will be necessary once the minmax and time filter issue is fixed.

Thanks

Are there any options for MA Cross when you don't get an arrow until a second candle has closed above/below?

mladen:
Here is a version compatible with new mt4 : price_cross_ma_hi-lo_ea_v1.01_nmc.mq4

HI Mladen

The prob I mentioned before still persist. Cud u please have a look and fix it asap. A fix will improve trade results significantly.

Is there anybody who can fix this? I have been waiting for an year now. Ready to pay $$ for good results

ronald123:
Re: MA cross/Price cross MA EA

dear mrtools,

I've been trying out your 'Price Cross Ma Hi-Lo Ea_v1.00' and it works very well. I have one question though: would it be possible to modify this EA so it trades from one signal to the next? I mean, like opening a buy when a candle opens above the high-ma and close that trade only when a candle opens below the low-ma, after which it would open a sell trade, which will be closed when a candle opens above the high-ma, etc. This would mean there will always be a trade open...

Next best thing would be to make it so the EA opens only one trade (buy or sell) and after reaching the take profit it would then wait for the next signal in the opposite direction (if the stop loss gets hit, the EA could take the next signal in either direction - maybe that's asking a bit much, but hope the first modification is possible, cause that's what I'm really most interested in).

Wanna thank you and mister mladen hereby for your great efforts on this and other sites!

Kind regards,

Ronald

Didn't get any reply one year ago, so probably won't get one now either, but still wanna give it a try: would be very nice it this EA could trade from one signal to the (opposite) next, always being in the market with one open buy or sell order... Maybe it's really hard to make this EA do just that (I doubt it, but it's definitely too hard for me, since my coding skills are close to zero) or maybe this EA would simply be profitable... I've noticed a lot of 'MA Cross EA's' have been moved to the elite section of this site.

Anyway, where there's hope there's life.

Regards,

Ronald

Reason: