New indicators - feedback requested: - page 11

Bluto, your PM box is full. I tried to send you something.

Alas it is doomed........

Preface. I think it is fantastic that you have created a system that hits home runs. Great work.

Now the bad part.

I know it's hyperbolic, but unfortunately if released en masse to the public, it will collapse. (maybe)

The idea that any system will not have degradation over time is incorrect. All systems will eventually weaken. Systems that are released to the general public and which hundreds if not thousands of traders will execute simultaneously suffer from "pattern vultures". That is, once everybody is doing the same thing, clear patterns emerge that other traders (mechanical and otherwise) that have no knowledge of this system will pounce on. Ultimately, what happens is that (in attempt) everyone piles in and tries to pile out at the same time causing congestion and ultimately weakens signal efficiency. Once this begins to happen, traders will start morphing the strategy into subsets of the original which causes chaotic results. If you don't believe me, ask any successful trader about patterns that emerge only to eventually disappear into noise. Quant hedge funds are always working to stay one step ahead of signal degradation.........trust me on this.......

There are ways around this and you can still have a very large subset of traders and large positions but it takes a special discipline, management and strategy.

So again, I applaud the work and hope that it bares fruit for you.

I have practical real world experience with creating the operational and ongoing framework of winning strategies. Let me know if I can be assistance.

alpha24seven@gmail.com or pm.

ThomasHH:
You are right, nix !

We have 10 pages here right now and about 5 pages out of it "would like to help with testing". The greed comes :-)

BTW: all testers should put real money on their accounts (not demo accounts) since we all know there is a big difference between demo trading and real trading!

Damn, y'all beat me to it. I was just about to type a paragraph or two about this very thing. It makes me sick to my stomach. All these "programmers" suddenly come out the woodwork once all the blood sweat and tears have dried up and it's time to enjoy the fruits of one's labor. It reminds me of the story of the hen who wanted some freshly baked bread. (If you don't know of this story, I'll type it out)

Bluto will release it when he is good and ready. Like a bunch of baby hogs fighting over a teat from which to suckle. Get some pride and restraint. If you can't succeed using ALL the many systems on this and dozens of other similar sites, this will not, I repeat, WILL NOT change that fact until you literally change your minds.

I know I'm beating a dead horse and it's been beaten hundreds of times prior. I'll just re-iterate what has been said, that is being said, and will continue to be said for as long as there are traders:

SOUND PSYCHOLOGY is the one and only Holy Grail a.k.a perfect system a.k.a the secret that all successful traders know about. If you can accept that and conciously use it in your favor, you will be one of the few successful traders. However, if you continue to ignore this fact and allow it to work against you, you WILL fail. Simple enough, huh.

I'm done "preachin". I know very few any will pay any attention to this post.

Take heed or take losses.

Peace.

Have VPS service to test it out if you're interested

regards

brian

bluto:
Thank you sir! You will be one of the first to receive the finished EA and the set of indicators. I know your body of work well and your opinion is important!

Hi Bluto,

I know you started this thread in order to test your delta-9 (wich is look very good, .... actually the best so far ). I'd be more than happy to test it on live account right away.

Could you give the conditions to join delta-9 group?

Do you hv plan to publish your EA and/or indicators when it's done? for free or will you sell them? I need to ask you this, because I'm not an expert trader nor expert programmer, I'm just a simple forex trader, so I think it's gonna be hard for me to get your works during test period eventhough I am willing to test it on live account.

If you hv plan to publish it (either free or for sale) would you inform us the indicative publishment date?

Your answer is greatly appreciated

@Bluto

not patient to wait for joining your Delta9 group

count me in too

Would Like to Joint the Delta9 Force

Greetings Bluto, I also sent a message but your inbox was full. I would like to have the opportunity to help test the system. I am on my computers with the market 10 hrs a day. thanks

PLease count me in too.

Thanks Bluto,

Dan.

Would Like to Joint the Delta9 Force

Hi Bluto,

I m a real money tester . if that can help.

best regards

daniel

Looking forward to the EA or just the indicators...

Reason: