Envelope Scalper EA - 5 min - page 8

Minnelli:
Okay not the best results but there must be a way we can tweak this. I love the concept of the price bouncing off a channel and coming back. I think this happens more often than a breakout. Can some of you guys start taking a look at this. I feel it has legs but just needs tweaked.

By the way, I'm not sure why the backtesting is so incredible. I generally take money management off and keep it on 1.0 lots just for a baseline.

Anyhow my results for the last week or so are attached - All 6 pairs I mentioned before. I will just be trading the EURUSD on one of my VPS accounts so it can run 24x7.

FYI - If your interested, I'm not plugging anybody but I have been trading live with a few folks. I have my results posted over on my blog. Not sure I can say who I'm trading with, but the moderator can sensor this part if they want. FX Guru and FX Auto from FXDD. My FX Auto is up to over $3000 from a starting balance of $2500 a month ago.

Minnelli

http://minnelli.com/forex

Yes, I would agree about the bouncing vs breakout, but: It's not as channel related as it is Pivot and Fib related...

I have been trading bounces for awhile and their always seems to be a pivot or fib at the same level as a channel bounce, so that's why I say that the channel isn't the best way to calculate bounces...

My 2 cents...

Riffster - do you have any EAs you are using or you could share? You make an good point that I wasn't aware of regarding the fibs and pivot in comparison to the channel. I just need something to play with and tweak that relies on the bounces, and not the breakout. Thanks in advance...

Minnelli

Ok - I tried something for the last 24 hours...

5000 turned into 5445 | 15 out of 21 trades made money | biggest loser 8 pips

Here is what I did - I used the EA but turned off the time setting so it would run 24 hours instead of just 12. I also turned off the ridiculous money management which is way too risky. I just used 1 lot for all the trades. I figure I can manually increase it if needed. I used EURUSD and am using the FXDD platform.

So I know maybe this just worked perfect last night (1 in a thousand chance). So I will be doing more testing on my VPS running 24x7 and post my results.

Minnelli

http://minnelli.com/forex - live details of my real forex trading accounts...

Minnelli:
Riffster - do you have any EAs you are using or you could share? You make an good point that I wasn't aware of regarding the fibs and pivot in comparison to the channel. I just need something to play with and tweak that relies on the bounces, and not the breakout. Thanks in advance... Minnelli

I don't trust EA's, lol... I just calculate the fib and pivot levels, then mark them on my chart...

but this indicator is a fairly good gage for fibs...

Files:

aegis:

Hold that thought!

I've got a similar system but it usings weighted moving averages. It too has had the same problem described by pipsweak. It can make a ton of money up till about April of this year. The Eur/Usd no longer consolidates in the same manner as it has in the past. The consolidation ranges are either too small to trade or the currency is slowly moving up and down to new levels without nice consolidation ranges. I think this system has to be set aside till the pair cycles back to the old trading environment. A breakout system looks to rule at this time. Its just frustrating since breakouts are subject to so many head fakes.

anyone still using this?

Is anyone still using this EA, where is the link to download it? I would like to try it.

pipsweak:
Here's the equity curve for the 1 min version. It took a $10k account to $211 mil in 3 years. This version is much more profitable with a higher win rate and better profit factor. However, I won't be sharing it.

Read the thread...

ohhh ok.............look at this page (the 1 and the 5 minute is there...)

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

alpine4133:
Is anyone still using this EA, where is the link to download it? I would like to try it.

The mql files posted are decompiled ... Witch is very interesting how this tread survived for so long !

giapel:
hi,

this my backtest (modelling quality 89.9%)

do you use default setting ?

giapel

Download a new platform and then do a backtest. If there are any mismatched errors in the Strategy Tester Report, the results of profit and modeling quality will be bogus! Try This!

Reason: