Screenshot script? - page 4

Thank You

Thank you Mladen for the help, Now problem Newdigital

You people don't sleep, i have never get response so quick

Thanx!

mladen:
Use this form :
WindowScreenShot("test.gif",300,300);[/php]If you want it to be saved in some sub-folder of metatrader\experts\files folder then uses something like this [php]WindowScreenShot("\\screenshots\\test.gif",300,300);

Metatrader will automatically add the drive+metatrader\experts\files so if you try to add drive letter it will become an invalid folder name. Also, use "\\" instead of "\" in specifying relative path

regards

mladen

Hi mladen

I tried this line bt still does not paste the chart in the files folder, the indicators found here also does not work "on my setup here". There is one that works but i cant get to see the code as it is a ex4 file.

I thought it was an administrator problem but as the ex4 file worked it could not be

What could be the differance between that ex4 file and the rest of the indicators?

Jannie

Jannie

Try this one out (it is an example indicator how to do it)

It is producing screen shots like this one in the experts\files\screenshots folder (you do not need to create the screenshots sub-folder, it will be created automatically in the files folder)
regards

mladen

jannie9214:
Hi mladen

I tried this line bt still does not paste the chart in the files folder, the indicators found here also does not work "on my setup here". There is one that works but i cant get to see the code as it is a ex4 file.

I thought it was an administrator problem but as the ex4 file worked it could not be

What could be the differance between that ex4 file and the rest of the indicators?

Jannie

SnapShotI indicator new version is on this post.

ThanX mladen for providingi was looking for thisfractal only, thank u very much

i have 1 screenshooter mq4 its good but i face some problem.

screenshooter.mq4

1. when i insert in 5min chart i cant open another TF if i open then its closed, is it possible to select TF in variable input,

2. its upload 5min chart image to website. but i need, it should upload 5min chart every 1min or variable input , ex. 15min = 15image, 1H =60 image.

is it possible to do it??

or any other screen capture u can provide it?

ThanX in ADV

Files:

Screenshot script by styan

This script:
  • calls the "user32.dll" to determine the chart's size
  • places labels in the top left and bottom left corners, that show the instrumentum's name and the timeframe
  • saves the image to a user defined folder (within experts\files\) with a filename containing a user defined prefix, instrument, timeframe, and a timestamp when the screenshot was taken (e.g. Screen_USDCHF_M15_17-13-20.gif)

Hi,

I thought this would be easy but it is something I am finding really hard to make happen, I have read lots of posts but it isn't working for me so I need to ask for some help.

I have 2 x EAs to place buy or sell on next bar open, ideally they would also take a picture/screenshot but I cannot make this work no matter what I do.

I also cannot make the images save in a folder other than under "Files". Ideally save in a folder called images or screenshots etc

I want to merge the EAs as I do not really want another chart open just to run 2 EAs, one to open the trade, another to take the picture.

Can someone help me to merge these EAs, 1 EA sell next bar and take a pic, another buy next bar and take a pic.

My last effort was in the sell EA which I used different code but it still failed on me, I have genuinely tried but its just not working out for me, something so simple is refusing to play ball.

thank you for helping,

PG

Files:

pgtips:
Hi,

I thought this would be easy but it is something I am finding really hard to make happen, I have read lots of posts but it isn't working for me so I need to ask for some help.

I have 2 x EAs to place buy or sell on next bar open, ideally they would also take a picture/screenshot but I cannot make this work no matter what I do.

I also cannot make the images save in a folder other than under "Files". Ideally save in a folder called images or screenshots etc

I want to merge the EAs as I do not really want another chart open just to run 2 EAs, one to open the trade, another to take the picture.

Can someone help me to merge these EAs, 1 EA sell next bar and take a pic, another buy next bar and take a pic.

My last effort was in the sell EA which I used different code but it still failed on me, I have genuinely tried but its just not working out for me, something so simple is refusing to play ball.

thank you for helping,

PG

PG

Just remove the starting "\\" from the file name

Instead of doing it like this :

if (WindowScreenShot("\\screenshots\\test"+Symbol()+".gif",640,480))

do it like this :

if (WindowScreenShot("screenshots\\test"+Symbol()+".gif",640,480))

mladen:
PG

Just remove the starting "\\" from the file name

Instead of doing it like this :

if (WindowScreenShot("\\screenshots\\test"+Symbol()+".gif",640,480))

do it like this :

if (WindowScreenShot("screenshots\\test"+Symbol()+".gif",640,480))

Tried that Mladen (from another post you made to someone) but its not structured like that (at least I can't see it)

the only windowscreenshot call is this line

{if(!WindowScreenShot(filename,1440,900)) Print("WindowScreenShot error: "+GetLastError());}

which confused me, I always thought ! mean not but it parses the size of the image in there, so I read if windowscreenshot is NOT the right filename and this size then Print error, but now it knows what size the image is from this so I don't know.

I tried inserting a path in front of the filename bit but it kept throwing errors although maybe it is now a syntax problem. New MT4 protects the folders from access so its confusing me.

I attach EA which I am pleased to say is working now apart from being able to select a folder for images, ideally I would make this a user variable perhaps called images but I can live with it as is for now, its just annoying in a way :-)

Thank you

PGnextbarsell_1.mq4

Files:

pgtips:
Tried that Mladen (from another post you made to someone) but its not structured like that (at least I can't see it)

the only windowscreenshot call is this line

{if(!WindowScreenShot(filename,1440,900)) Print("WindowScreenShot error: "+GetLastError());}

which confused me, I always thought ! mean not but it parses the size of the image in there, so I read if windowscreenshot is NOT the right filename and this size then Print error, but now it knows what size the image is from this so I don't know.

I tried inserting a path in front of the filename bit but it kept throwing errors although maybe it is now a syntax problem. New MT4 protects the folders from access so its confusing me.

I attach EA which I am pleased to say is working now apart from being able to select a folder for images, ideally I would make this a user variable perhaps called images but I can live with it as is for now, its just annoying in a way :-)

Thank you

PGnextbarsell_1.mq4

pgtips

I just took your EA placed it on a chart, and this is the screenshot it made :

So that part is working OK as far as I see

Reason: