CPU Usage - page 2

i think we can't avoid to consume large amount of memory if we want to open alot of chart simultaneously with fancy indicators...

I can't open the program now. I have had trouble since upgrading with the latest build, running very slow, freezing, locking computer etc.

I am still running the old build on my laptop and that works great.

AMD, 0-3%, 3 Terminals, over 40 charts. Very few indicators. Mem usage about 45MB total.

I'd recommend doing a backtest and see if one EA is very slow now.

AMD3000, 512MB RAM

Files:
res1.jpg  29 kb

Broker is FXDD, and I've been watching the traffic at WHC with a fractal based EA running on both, several currency pairs. I'm also running a few more EA that watch open trades. I'm not doing any MA based calculations on any EA.

I noticed less variables = better performance. You might be having a register thrashing issue going on based on a different method of compiling. Since Intel uses register aliasing on their newer processors that would make the compiled indicator code run completely different on Intel vs AMD. (Even though AMD has many more physical registers, especially on AMD64.)

daraknor:
Broker is FXDD, and I've been watching the traffic at WHC with a fractal based EA running on both, several currency pairs. I'm also running a few more EA that watch open trades. I'm not doing any MA based calculations on any EA. I noticed less variables = better performance. You might be having a register thrashing issue going on based on a different method of compiling. Since Intel uses register aliasing on their newer processors that would make the compiled indicator code run completely different on Intel vs AMD. (Even though AMD has many more physical registers, especially on AMD64.)

I like this language.

I wish to have one of the new Intel but the Intel I have on the laptop have 2 two years old.

And the CPU is one of the first AMD64 (3000+)

Enough for trading...

and for play DoD source at 75 fps.

Files:
10naked.jpg  11 kb
5m1.gif  23 kb
5m2.gif  23 kb

I was looking at the DualCore processor benchmarks lately. The AMD are so much cheaper for similar performance. Intel is the undoubted king right now in benchmarks for multithreaded applications, but I think the numbers are very biased due the drastic difference in memory architecture. If both CPU are working on a single task and need access to the same memory region, Intel is obviously better. If two tasks have their own memory requirements and both tasks have a need for memory, it is too easy for Intel's shared memory architecture to become a bottleneck. Since I'm going to be running many applications, each with their own separate memory requirements, I'm going with AMD. It is also hundreds of dollars cheaper

I'm not a fan of the 4-5 layers of register aliases in the Itanic, I don't know if they kept that architecture with their hybrid 32/64 bit systems.

Intel's next major launch of remote management (IP stack and webserver built into a network card) will be a huge boon to server management. I might use Intel platform servers at that time. *shrug* I don't think they are using as much cryptography as a basis for authentication methods though, so I'll wait until some security audits are done. (not that crypto = security, but crypto is often a requirement of security)

I'm off to go sleep! Make some headshots for me!

Now, after some tweaks this two terminal in the picture below are running 12 charts and more than 40 different indicators standard an custom (rsi, macd, trendlines, pivots, CCI, etc) each.

One terminal is dedicated to EURUSD and the other to GBPUSD as the terminals in the previous pictures.

Memory was reduced another half, impressive right?

However, as I said in my previous post, how many indicators you have or how many charts id does not matter. Only, how many updates in the quotes the broker are sending to you.

I will test if the Data Center helps.

Files:
lessmem.jpg  12 kb

Reason: