MT4 ram usage dilemma, again

Hey guys,

i know you all have certainly discussed this over and over.

But still i couldn't get a solution to this.

I have a VPS server and two MT4 instances are running on it.
When i start two MT4 terminal one need  30 mb and the other 45MB

After two days i'm at 40MB and 82MB
My vps system got 1 gig ram.
So will it go further like this until no memory is left over or what?
This problem really pisses me off.
I don't want to go to holiday and come back and see that my system is f*** up big time..

would appreciate your comments on this...

naik3d:

Hey guys,

i know you all have certainly discussed this over and over.

But still i couldn't get a solution to this.

I have a VPS server and two MT4 instances are running on it.
When i start two MT4 terminal one need  30 mb and the other 45MB

After two days i'm at 40MB and 82MB

You want to get a solution to a Windows application using more RAM if it needs more memory ? are you serious ?  when a new bar arrives because of the passage of time where do you think the information for that bar is stored ?  and if you have Indicators where do you think the buffers are stored ?  what happens to the buffer sizes when new bars arrive ?  perhaps they get bigger,  where should the bigger buffer go ?

Yes i am serious.

My Max bars in history is 5000 / max bars in charts 5000 too.

I have just two little indis running and two EAs on both MT4.
I clearly understand that the Ram usage will grow to certain point, that's totally normal.
But it is ridiculous if after 4 weeks my terminal.exe is showing 500MB ram usage, or not?
What will happen if i let the system run for maybe a few months? 50000MB ?
You can not tell me that MT4 is well coded regarding the ram usage and not beeind able
to flush any memory at all, in other words " It would be a question of time when the system will crash. ?" 

Max Bars in history determines maximum history file size.

Max bars in chart determines starting RAM requirement. It doesn't delete old bars nor write them to disk, except on exit.

So once a day/week have your EA restart the terminal. Terminal auto restart. - MQL4 forum problem solved.

Reason: