Phoenix 6 - Development, Download, Bugs - See Post#1 - page 5

IBFX is 3 hours behind FXDD. It was easier to do the changes than to explain how the window overlap works. This configuration does omit 3 extra hours on monday charts than the FXDD one, but there isn't a way to make that work without adding a lot of extra settings. IBFX settings will miss the first 2 hours of Japan's market.

Wujun: I recommend the new settings for P5 over the built in settings. I'm testing both to measure performance, but I personally prefer the way the new settings looked on the out of optimization data. (R2)

Thx

daraknor:
IBFX is 3 hours behind FXDD. It was easier to do the changes than to explain how the window overlap works. This configuration does omit 3 extra hours on monday charts than the FXDD one, but there isn't a way to make that work without adding a lot of extra settings. IBFX settings will miss the first 2 hours of Japan's market. Wujun: I recommend the new settings for P5 over the built in settings. I'm testing both to measure performance, but I personally prefer the way the new settings looked on the out of optimization data. (R2)

Thanks Daraknor! I'll try it with the IBFX settings you've posted and report on that later on.

Phoenix 6 simple beta 4 journal log

I have attached a text file showing the journal log for phoenix 6 simple beta 4 journal. I am aware that settings haven't been finalized yet so the trades did not go that well.

The reason I am attaching this file is because I noticed a few of errors (Invalid S/L or T/P) in the log that may be bugs/errors.

Please ignore this file if the errors are caused by something outside Phoenix.

I will upgrade to beta 5 now and update everyone.

Testing other currencies

daraknor:
If you are using Phoenix6 you need to edit the name of the currency. If you are testing GBPUSD, the settings file would show GBPUSD in the U_Trade_Currency field. I believe the default you're using is USDJPY. I know this is a hassle for optimization, but the settings are actually this specific too :/

Do we have to edit the code or just change the settings?

Regards

Cross:
Do we have to edit the code or just change the settings? Regards

Just change the settings. This way a settings file declares which currency it works with and it will avoid accidental trading on the wrong currency pair.

JB_007:
I have attached a text file showing the journal log for phoenix 6 simple beta 4 journal. I am aware that settings haven't been finalized yet so the trades did not go that well.

The reason I am attaching this file is because I noticed a few of errors (Invalid S/L or T/P) in the log that may be bugs/errors.

Please ignore this file if the errors are caused by something outside Phoenix.

I will upgrade to beta 5 now and update everyone.

I checked through the log and found that after several minutes of delay, the order was resent with the same settings and succeeded. I'm guessing this means we have a tight stop that is chasing at the minimum distance. In between receiving the new price and the order submission, the price changed and the new price caused the trade to be inside the minimum settings allowed. This is completely normal, and higher latency with the broker will cause it to happen more often.

I checked 4 live account journals and did not see a single instance of this happening. If you see that error and then the trade closes on stop loss, your latency just cost you at least 1 pip. That's why I'm running the hosting service, I had high latency at home with DSL. A dialup user did a test and found that his orders were often 90 seconds later than mine on the server.

4 currencies loaded, 1 account = $20/month for basic service. I won't accept new clients if the machine slows down at all. 4 files and a paypal payment to get started.

Decrease factor - P6B5

I played with the inside code "decrease factor" setting of P6B5 and was able to reduce the DD and improve profits by more then 30 %.

The factor that seems to work best is 995005. We need to test this value on other data to make sure it is reliable and not just curve fitting. Can someone test it on 2007 data, etc...

m6m6:
I played with the inside code "decrease factor" setting of P6B5 and was able to reduce the DD and improve profits by more then 30 %. The factor that seems to work best is 995005. We need to test this value on other data to make sure it is reliable and not just curve fitting. Can someone test it on 2007 data, etc...

As the creator of the "decrease factor" I have given it a lot of thought and used it in some different tests. I think it does do a lot of curve fitting. But it usually improves things. I think A 990505 might be the best most of the time. One series of trades where your B 995005 works best is when, you get one win followed by one loss back and forth. In such a situation A will get you 5 % on each win and 99 percent on each loss, whereas B will get you 50% on each win and 99 percent on each loss. I had a currency where I saw that pattern. I have been contemplating changing the decrease factor to work with the last 4 trades. In a choppy market running one win one loss one after the other you would get the same factor either 5 percent with A or 50% with B. Again it is all curve fitting. If the decrease factor works with the last 4 trades instead of the last 3 only, you will be out of the action more.

The other improvement on the decrease factor would be to distinguish the buys from the sells, and base the decrease factor from buys on the number of successes for buys, and the same for sells.

My cable modem was fried by an electrical storm, that hit a special fan switch, the kids Wii, our VCR or DVD. So I ran some optimizations, while I was out of the water for 4 days, on the max trades parameter on mode with 5.7.3, and I found that it intensified the amount of money gained or lost.

I think as a last step, tune the decrease factor and number of trades by the currency. No one setting is perfect, neither mine or yours.

Pcontour:
As the creator of the "decrease factor" I have given it a lot of thought and used it in some different tests. I think it does do a lot of curve fitting. But it usually improves things. I think A 990505 might be the best most of the time. One series of trades where your B 995005 works best is when, you get one win followed by one loss back and forth. In such a situation A will get you 5 % on each win and 99 percent on each loss, whereas B will get you 50% on each win and 99 percent on each loss. I had a currency where I saw that pattern. I have been contemplating changing the decrease factor to work with the last 4 trades. In a choppy market running one win one loss one after the other you would get the same factor either 5 percent with A or 50% with B. Again it is all curve fitting. If the decrease factor works with the last 4 trades instead of the last 3 only, you will be out of the action more.

The other improvement on the decrease factor would be to distinguish the buys from the sells, and base the decrease factor from buys on the number of successes for buys, and the same for sells.

My cable modem was fried by an electrical storm, that hit a special fan switch, the kids Wii, our VCR or DVD. So I ran some optimizations, while I was out of the water for 4 days, on the max trades parameter on mode with 5.7.3, and I found that it intensified the amount of money gained or lost.

I think as a last step, tune the decrease factor and number of trades by the currency. No one setting is perfect, neither mine or yours.

Another variable to consider is the fact that I tested the decrease factor with settings with "max 2" trades. Sometimes, 2 trades turn bad at once and then, I am in for 2 simultanious or single trades at 5%. In most situations, it seems to improve profits. Is there any scientific way to prove this ?

m6m6:
Another variable to consider is the fact that I tested the decrease factor with settings with "max 2" trades. Sometimes, 2 trades turn bad at once and then, I am in for 2 simultanious or single trades at 5%. In most situations, it seems to improve profits. Is there any scientific way to prove this ?

Sorry, I am referring at 5.7.3.W here not P6B5 (one trade at the time). This is not simple but I think we need to get to the bottom of it if we can !

Reason: