Profitable Day Trading EA - page 5

Trading Hours

Hi, Holyguy.

My trading hours in Daytrading EA is:

to: 21

currently my bokers time is 09.34 , and my local time is: 11.34... However on the EA it says non trading hours... What should the problem be?...

aviar:
TrendMeLeaveMe3 needs to draw trend lines. Can you explain how to do it? Thank you in advance

If you add this file to the same chart it will draw the trend lines. I know there are other trend drawing indi's out their that work as well

Files:

Statement so far:

I am running a lot of pairs currently. I made the mistake by putting NO Stoploss at first and one currency pair got away from me as you can tell. Currently I have a 100 pip stoploss on all currency pairs. This is after 1 week.

Enjoy.

Files:

gorinw9:
Hi, Holyguy.

My trading hours in Daytrading EA is:

to: 21

currently my bokers time is 09.34 , and my local time is: 11.34... However on the EA it says non trading hours... What should the problem be?...

I face the same problem. Question is does the "from: 7 to: 21" settings refer to the local PC time or the broker's time or some other timezone?

qq1:
I face the same problem. Question is does the "from: 7 to: 21" settings refer to the local PC time or the broker's time or some other timezone?

Don't worry about that. It says that all the time on mine too but it trades during the correct hours specified. I guess we need a coder to come in there and fix it.

Any programmer that can fix that? It would be greatly appreciated.

The 7 to 21 refers to the BROKER time so make sure you have it set correctly. Basically, the default 7 to 21 assumes that your broker is on GMT. So if your broker is not, then you will probably want to change that as needed.

For instance: IBFX is on GMT so you would not want to change the timefilter others like MIG are off GMT by a few hours. Check with your broker to see if they are on GMT and if they are + or - then modify the hours to be equal.

Hi! Here are the trading results for 12 days. It is quite strange,that my deposit remains at break even while everybody's accounts grow with the help of DayTrading...I guess, the moment when one puts EA in trading is important.

Schuette, can you post your results?

Broker time Problem

Hi guys, here is a indi that shows

Broker Time

London

New York

Tokyo

Local Time

and Spread

Hope it help with sorting the broker time problem

Files:
clock_v1_2.mq4  17 kb

Looking at the code I can understand why the "Non-Trading Hours" is displayed all the time, I think I can fix it by adding one line of code to clear it out during trading hours as follows.

if (UseHourTrade){

if(!(Hour()>=FromHourTrade&&Hour()<=ToHourTrade)){

Comment("Non-Trading Hours!");

return(0);

}

Comment("........................."); <=== add this line, dots denotes spaces

}

However I have never coded mq4 before so I don't want to assume this is a good fix. Will test it out during trading hours come Monday.

holyguy7:
Don't worry about that. It says that all the time on mine too but it trades during the correct hours specified. I guess we need a coder to come in there and fix it.

Any programmer that can fix that? It would be greatly appreciated.

The 7 to 21 refers to the BROKER time so make sure you have it set correctly. Basically, the default 7 to 21 assumes that your broker is on GMT. So if your broker is not, then you will probably want to change that as needed.

For instance: IBFX is on GMT so you would not want to change the timefilter others like MIG are off GMT by a few hours. Check with your broker to see if they are on GMT and if they are + or - then modify the hours to be equal.

Trader83:
Hi! Here are the trading results for 12 days. It is quite strange,that my deposit remains at break even while everybody's accounts grow with the help of DayTrading...I guess, the moment when one puts EA in trading is important.

Are you running it with Timefilter ON? I am and I believe it makes a big difference. You need the EA that has the timefilter and make sure it is on. Try that.

Reason: