Mt4 and DDE - page 2

Linuxser:
Sorry. I don't have North Finance and the website is giving me an error where trying to download the mt4. Do you have a similar symbol with Broco Trader?

no i don't have Broco Trader, thanks for trying.

=mt4|bid!epz8

=MT4|BID!EPZ8 did you try this

400396:
HI Linuxser .

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP I'M TRYING TO GET DATA FOR THE FUTURE CONTRACT WITH OUT LUCK , CAN YOU HELP?

I NEED DATA FOR THE :

EPZ8 (S&8 500) I TRY TO WRITE =MT4|BID!'#EPZ8' AND THIS NOT WORKING

DDE setup

I have problem to get the DDE server connected. In Tools -> Options ->Server when DDE server is ticked and Data server auto configuration is unticked, shouldn't it be possible to do the Test? I only get a window opened with

"There is no connection to the server. Please verify correctness of the server address and port." Any good suggestion? Should there be an address in the Data server box?

eastcity:
I have problem to get the DDE server connected. In Tools -> Options ->Server when DDE server is ticked and Data server auto configuration is unticked, shouldn't it be possible to do the Test? I only get a window opened with "There is no connection to the server. Please verify correctness of the server address and port." Any good suggestion? Should there be an address in the Data server box?

Your windows show look as this one? (unless you're using MT Data Server)

Files:

Can a DDE link be used to import data from a file into MT4?

If not, how would you import data into an expert from an external file (real time)? Maybe import excel data?

wolfe:
Can a DDE link be used to import data from a file into MT4? If not, how would you import data into an expert from an external file (real time)? Maybe import excel data?

About DDE I don't think so because: Dynamic Data Exchange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And about second question. I don't know.

Using DDE with Excel 2007

Hello,

I'm using the following DDE code

='MT4'|HIGH!EURUSD

to pull data from MetaTrader 4 build 220 into Excel 2007 on Vista. When I open the spreadsheet I get the Security Warning "Automatic update of links has been disabled". I clicked on the Options button and select "Enable this content". After I hit OK, Excel hangs.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

cgonsalv:
Hello,

I'm using the following DDE code

='MT4'|HIGH!EURUSD

to pull data from MetaTrader 4 build 220 into Excel 2007 on Vista. When I open the spreadsheet I get the Security Warning "Automatic update of links has been disabled". I clicked on the Options button and select "Enable this content". After I hit OK, Excel hangs.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

Just enable the content. Follow my instructions... (and be careful with what you do later )

Open the DDE-Sample.XLS that comes with MT$ and you will see this

Click on options to get following screen and click as you see

You're done

How do you transfer data from Excel to EA in MT?

This is my first time posting. I am not sure how to post this message so everyone can read it. Is there some way to do that?

I am trying to find out how I can transfer data from a cell in a spreadsheet, either Excel or Open Office into an Expert running in MT4. Anyone know how to to do this?

Thanks.

Reason: