Money Management - page 11

thank you

Thanks everyone.

That's good advice.

Sean

Separate window

Hi there

i would like to make some request,can anyone create separate window for this money management indicator,so we can see it clearly like picture below

thanks

Files:

Money management question

Hello all!

I'm looking for a piece of code that calculate the amount of money to put into a trade as a fixed precentage of the account.

Now, I know the "fx maney management" indicator that Newdigital published in the past.

The problem with that code and a lot of other similar indicators, that it is not taking into considaration other open positions.

What I mean is, that if I want to put 1% of my account into a trade, but I already has an open position(s), I want to calculate the amount of money to put into the new trade as a precentage from the account's balance if the existing postion will hit it's SL. In other words, I want to calculate the precentage from the worst-case-balance in real time.

Does anyone know a code to do that (calculating the current worst-case-balance)?

Thanks !

Money manager

darkkiller:
Hi there

i would like to make some request,can anyone create separate window for this money management indicator,so we can see it clearly like picture below

thanks

Try this it is very basic let me know what needs to be altered, Text size , text type and line colors can be altered to suit your requirements and the original comments in the top left corner can be turned OFF/ON also

money_manager_window.ex4

Files:

Thanks cja !!!

cja:
Try this it is very basic let me know what needs to be altered, Text size , text type and line colors can be altered to suit your requirements and the original comments in the top left corner can be turned OFF/ON also money_manager_window.ex4

Hi CJA,

Can you please post also the source code?

10X !

everything okay cja..no idea what should i comment..thank you very much for your hardwork

everytime i trade..no need calculator anymore..just look at this money manager set my risk (what %) and follow it

cja...i have new idea..i will pm u later...

cja

Just a suggestion to make the MM even more useful.

What about instead of setting figures for open price and stop loss having a bool for 'UseAsk' for ask or (false) bid. then the stop loss could just be number of pips instead of a set amount. It would just make it simpler to use I think.

Just an idea.

Take care

Lux

PS: Did you test it on Interbank too? Looks like it's not reading the suffix 'm' to me (could be wrong).

Money Manager

luxinterior:
cja

Just a suggestion to make the MM even more useful.

What about instead of setting figures for open price and stop loss having a bool for 'UseAsk' for ask or (false) bid. then the stop loss could just be number of pips instead of a set amount. It would just make it simpler to use I think.

Just an idea.

Take care

Lux

PS: Did you test it on Interbank too? Looks like it's not reading the suffix 'm' to me (could be wrong).

I have not tested this indicator at all -- all i have done is give it the ability to appear in a separate window and added a couple of extra lines of info plus a few text adjustments so i cannot comment on how it works on interbank.

cja

Reason: