Solo! and insisting to be that way... - page 2

Kaper:
I also stumbled across this MACD EA supplied in the platform and thought I had found the holy grail. However, notice that this EA has no stoploss. I think this is why it performs so well in back test. Kevin

You're right! However, there is a condition in the code to close the trade - which in turn acts as a stoploss. Nonetheless, when I modified it, I included a stoploss function. As a personal opinion, I prefer the coded close function more.. I hope it doesn't kill me

The backtest has no stoploss. Could this is be why it performs so well in back test.

Kevin

davidke20:
1st thing 1st, if you wanted to test your EA whether its working well with the magic number you coded, put it on lowest time frame available. run it with other EA with different magic number. it doesn't mean that you need to fire trades to be in profit, but ensure it close the trade when the next signal come. H4 MACD divergence will take you decade to complete a beginning stage troubleshooting EA. Hope this help you to speed up the development. Good luck.

Regards,

David

Ok, done! Updated 1.1 on first post with external magic # to make our lives easier

A few good trades today already but should I update the EA to the new one you just posted?

Only one active trade right now though.

Files:
solo1.jpg  207 kb

matrixebiz:
A few good trades today already but should I update the EA to the new one you just posted? Only one active trade right now though.

You're the man Matrix! Am I so glad to see that!

The update only provides the user with the ability to change the magic number... Helps the EA to track specific trades - its own. Good if you're going to trade more than one currency.

I see you have it on M30 TF. I personally won't trust it below H4, and on a cross with USD You're a courageous man Matrix!

One question.. Did Solo execute the trade while there were orders already open? Or did it make the trade while no orders were open?

Sincerely,

No, it made the next trade exactly when the previous closed. It's only doing one at a time I like M30 but only testing, right I'll probably change it later.

Files:
solo1trade.jpg  41 kb

matrixebiz:
No, it made the next trade exactly when the previous closed. It's only doing one at a time I like M30 but only testing, right I'll probably change it later.

Forgive me if my question wasn't clear...

What I meant: Lets say you have a manually entered trade that is still open and waiting to reach its take profit target. Mean while, the market condition becomes ideal for solo to enter. Would solo go ahead and make the trade? Or will it refrain from taking it because there is an open order?

According to the code, Solo should not make the trade if the open order symbol [example GBPUSD] matches the symbol on which Solo is operating. However, if the opened trade is of any other symbol, Solo can go ahead and make the trade..

What I have noticed, and as mentioned in the first post, Solo does not enter market if there was any open trade - regardless of currency symbol. Hopefully, David's recommendation hits a home-run..

Sincerely,

So you haven't made David's change yet?

Nope, it doesn't look like it opens any other currencies or any other trades for that matter until the previous is closed. GBP/CHF closed at 17:19, and the only trade open right now is with GBP/JPY opened at 17:19

Should I implement David's change myself?

So i guess I'm confirming your statement;

"What I have noticed, and as mentioned in the first post, Solo does not enter market if there was any open trade - regardless of currency symbol"

matrixebiz:
So you haven't made David's change yet?

Nope, it doesn't look like it opens any other currencies or any other trades for that matter until the previous is closed. GBP/CHF closed at 17:19, and the only trade open right now is with GBP/JPY opened at 17:19

Should I implement David's change myself?

So i guess I'm confirming your statement;

"What I have noticed, and as mentioned in the first post, Solo does not enter market if there was any open trade - regardless of currency symbol"

I guess you confirmed my fear David's change is already implemented.

After viewing your previous post, I opened new symbols at different TFs and loaded Solo on all of them - giving each one a different magic #..

Lets see what happens.

Sincerely,

Ok cool. Lets see

Reason: