Solo! and insisting to be that way...

This EA forced me to call it Solo because, for some reason, it just refuses to trade if there are any open trades in the terminal... e.g. manual trades and/or trades executed by other EAs - even if they are in other currencies. If there are no trades and the conditions are right Solo makes its move! Not a team player at all

Originally, it's MQ's MACD EA. I made minor modifications to facilitate control and fine-tuning. However, somewhere along the way, I guess I caused it some depression and now it wants to play alone..

Can anyone be so kind as to help me convince Solo into taking trades regardless of whether there are other opened trades? Of course, if the trade belongs to Solo, then Solo should wait until it closes that trade before executing another...

It seems that Solo likes GBPUSD the most... Especially @ H4 TF. Then again, I might be wrong..

The EA is attached. Also, I've attached a back test... Do to the problem at hand, I'm not able to forward test Solo. Since two weeks, it only made 1 trade (when it was alone) and the trade was profitable! 45 pips.. I know that MACD is slow but this is becoming ridiculous

I really appreciate the help guys..

Solo 1.1 : Magic # by Davidke20

Solo 1.2 : Money Management by Kaper

Files:
solo_bt.htm  26 kb
solo_bt.gif  7 kb
solo_1.2.mq4  6 kb

if ((OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == 777)

all you need is this. if i'm not mistaken, you put your magic number as 777 right?! that is what you need

Confirmation time...

davidke20:
if ((OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == 777) all you need is this. if i'm not mistaken, you put your magic number as 777 right?! that is what you need

Thanks David!

I did as recommended and I guess I have to wait to confirm. Do think if I reduce the TF, Solo might attempt a trade faster? I don't mind losing 0.1 lot in return for a faster confirmation..

ps I had to remove the first bracket in the if statement in order to compile. Should I have left it and seperated the inner two statements?

Avalonish:
Thanks David!

I did as recommended and I guess I have to wait to confirm. Do think if I reduce the TF, Solo might attempt a trade faster? I don't mind losing 0.1 lot in return for a faster confirmation..

ps I had to remove the first bracket in the if statement in order to compile. Should I have left it and seperated the inner two statements?

just leave it as it is. once you updated any statement or newer version, post it on the 1st post, inorder we can see the difference. treat it as your new born baby...lol

Done!

davidke20:
just leave it as it is. once you updated any statement or newer version, post it on the 1st post, inorder we can see the difference. treat it as your new born baby...lol

You wish is my command

Sincerely,

Is this now doing more trades? are you going to update the first post and change the name?

Thanks

Good job

Avalonish:
You wish is my command Sincerely,

I did like to see more on MACD, since I'm working on 10point3. Who knows, it might help to improve 10point3. thanks for the contribution. Good luck

Regards,

David

No trades yet

matrixebiz:
Is this now doing more trades? are you going to update the first post and change the name? Thanks

First post updated.. No trades yet eventhough I have it on different TFs and different currencies..

MACD dependent EAs are kind of slow in nature. But if it delivers even close to its backtest I'll be a happy camper

Ok, I'll forward test this next week and see what happens. I just use the regular MACD indicator correct?

Avalonish:
First post updated.. No trades yet eventhough I have it on different TFs and different currencies.. MACD dependent EAs are kind of slow in nature. But if it delivers even close to its backtest I'll be a happy camper

1st thing 1st, if you wanted to test your EA whether its working well with the magic number you coded, put it on lowest time frame available. run it with other EA with different magic number. it doesn't mean that you need to fire trades to be in profit, but ensure it close the trade when the next signal come. H4 MACD divergence will take you decade to complete a beginning stage troubleshooting EA. Hope this help you to speed up the development. Good luck.

Regards,

David

matrixebiz:
Ok, I'll forward test this next week and see what happens. I just use the regular MACD indicator correct?

No need for an indicator since all conditions are coded into the EA.

Please update us on your forward test.. especially if Solo trades while the terminal contains open trades!

Your efforts are sincerely appreciated.

Reason: