My simple 20 pips. - page 26

forex1man:
There has been 2 longs called on gbp this morning both stopped out with lost and now a short is that correct?

hi forex1man, I think its 1 long ( loss ) & 1 short ( still floating )

I noticed a bug in the indicator where price crosses from one trigger area to the other in the space of one bar - pipetrader, could you confirm this? Am I correct that a new signal should be generated in the opposite direction when this happens and stays above the trigger level for two bars? The pic. below is the corrected version but as no one has mention it I will delay posting it until I get confirmation.

PS it took me as long to figure out how to use 'Paint' to include the text as it took to fix the bug

Files:
bugfix.gif  11 kb

omelette:
I noticed a bug in the indicator where price crosses from one trigger area to the other in the space of one bar - pipetrader, could you confirm this? Am I correct that a new signal should be generated in the opposite direction when this happens and stays above the trigger level for two bars? The pic. below is the corrected version but as no one has mention it I will delay posting it until I get confirmation. PS it took me as long to figure out how to use 'Paint' to include the text as it took to fix the bug

HI omelette,

I experienced that as well. I just think that it is not a biggie, that's why I don't want to bother you to modify the codes. But still if that can be fix .... the better it is. Thanks.

popok_sakti:
hi forex1man, I think its 1 long ( loss ) & 1 short ( still floating )

What time did you get your long guys

k3iroll:
HI omelette, I experienced that as well. I just think that it is not a biggie, that's why I don't want to bother you to modify the codes. But still if that can be fix .... the better it is. Thanks.

k3iroll, thanks for the feedback. If you (or anyone) notice anything else not quite right let me know. I will also take this opportunity to turn 'FI_DisplayValue_On' on by default as this seemed to confuse some people. Again, download from post #127.

tony hadley:
What time did you get your long guys

i think 4.30 am ( and there's blue arrow pointing up )

The 'StepMA' recommended by Pipetrader works fine but is really, really in-efficient - updates 'CalculatedBars' (normally 500) every tick making it very slow when backtesting and also a CPU hog. Therefore, I have modified a version that was originally a re-write by igorad (but still slow) which is identical to the original but a lot faster. I have taken the liberty of renaming it to version 1.2. I have also changed 'PipeTrader_FI_Strategy_v1' to use this so download both from post #127.

popok_sakti:
i think 4.30 am ( and there's blue arrow pointing up )

Sorry I did see that just after posting.

I know its easy after the event, but personally I would of took the trade at 2 am with the step cross and been happy with 20 pips during Asian session

By 4 30am there had already then been a 50 pip move long,

I know there are sometimes bigger moves during Asian but from my experiance, trading countless losses through the night the swings are not often that great

especially at that time, like I say 'after the event is easy'

I truley believe that this has potential to be a great way to trade, for myself it does away with my biggest downfall that of jumping into the market when my urge to trade is outdoing my patience

But as with any system I think you will have to adapt ones own logic with some of the trades like time of day, before news and ones own feelings

I took the trade this morning and bailed out for + 11 because I just didnt like the feel after 2 hours of not really going anywhere

I took the step cross at long later and bailed out at + 20 as New York session was just starting and I 'feared' a quick reversal, I am now sat watching the market head north again but heh +31 for the day by being a bit flexible in my approach to the rules

Not so good for the ea trading but manually I just think take into account a few other market factors and your away

All the best Tony

GOLD

Hi omelette,

I think StepMA_Stoch_v1.2 is having bug. There are a lot of arrows being printed on same side .... and sometime the arrows conflicted.

Files:
gu30.jpg  139 kb
eu30.jpg  148 kb

additional indicators on chart

k3iroll,

I see you have added some extra indicators on the chart and would like to know what they are. I found the Waddah Attar Explosion Indicator, but do not recognize the others.

Thanks

Reason: