My simple 20 pips. - page 29

omelette:
After playing around with Force Index_v1, I found and removed a bug so anyone using it may want to re-download it (post #41).

I also had a go at implementing the improvments suggested and have taken the liberty of renaming the indicator to avoid confusion for traders just looking for FI. Please note that you need to have 'N_StepMA_1_Email' already in your 'Indicators' folder to use this. I also removed the End Of Bar option and the second trigger level option as they didn't appear useful in this implementation. Anyway, have a play with it and let me know if there are any problems.

The WAV Alert sounds Pipetrader posted (#132) have been incorporated into the indicator. There is also a new 'watch' sound alert which highlights when FI first exceeds the trigger level. If you want to use these different sound alerts (or any WAV files with the names 'buy.wav','sell.wav','close.wav','watch.wav), copy them to the 'Sounds' folder in MT. Then from the toolbar, select Tools\Options, select the 'Event' tab, scroll down till you find 'Alert', double click this. You now should have a red 'X' over Alert indicating that it is disabled, allowing to new sounds to be used. Finally, note that if you do not want to use new sounds, the indicator will still work fine without them.

Another small feature change as suggested by Pipetrader added.

Removed a little bug.....

I have changed the 'StepMA' used to a modified, much faster version. Please download both from here.

There was a major bug in my version of StepMA so I have removed it and reverted back to the original version of 'PipeTrader_FI_Strategy_v1'.

Great strategy Pipetreader, Thanks to omelette for this indicator..

I cannot get buy signals only sell signals? did I miss some thing? appreciate your assistance..thanks

traderjane:
Great strategy Pipetreader, Thanks to omelette for this indicator.. I cannot get buy signals only sell signals? did I miss some thing? appreciate your assistance..thanks

Hi. This happens when the 'N_StepMA_1_Email' indicator in not in the 'Indicators' folder.

Pipetrader, did you get my PM?

omelette:
Hi. This happens when the 'N_StepMA_1_Email' indicator in not in the 'Indicators' folder.

I have the 'N_StepMA_1_Email' indicator in the 'Indicators' folder..still the same

traderjane:
I have the 'N_StepMA_1_Email' indicator in the 'Indicators' folder..still the same

traderjane, you are right, thanks for bringing this to my attention. An error on my part which should now be corrected (post #127). Strange thing is, over 40 downloads but no one mentions the problem......

omelette:
Pipetrader, did you get my PM?

Hello omelette!

Yes I recive you Email.

A lot of works this week.

Im to backtest a new strategy.

When is redy I send you for making an indicator.

Whit this famous FI...

Forget everyting I send you before !

Thanks for your times.

PipTrader

good posting

I think it's very good posting.

Thanks a lot broo

ocm1:
Dears all,

how to solve this problem ??

thank you

from ocm1

Try this setup.

FI Level @ 2.75

Step_MA 7 - 1

A frend of my work whit that.

Try an give your feed back.

In this ZIP : PipeTrader_FI_Strategy_v1 and JPY.tpl

PipeTrader

Files:
jpy.zip  5 kb

After playing around with Force Index_v1, I found and removed a bug so anyone using it may want to re-download it (post #41).

I also had a go at implementing the improvments suggested and have taken the liberty of renaming the indicator to avoid confusion for traders just looking for FI. Please note that you need to have 'N_StepMA_1_Email' already in your 'Indicators' folder to use this. I also removed the End Of Bar option and the second trigger level option as they didn't appear useful in this implementation. Anyway, have a play with it and let me know if there are any problems.

The WAV Alert sounds Pipetrader posted (#132) have been incorporated into the indicator. There is also a new 'watch' sound alert which highlights when FI first exceeds the trigger level. If you want to use these different sound alerts (or any WAV files with the names 'buy.wav','sell.wav','close.wav','watch.wav), copy them to the 'Sounds' folder in MT. Then from the toolbar, select Tools\Options, select the 'Event' tab, scroll down till you find 'Alert', double click this. You now should have a red 'X' over Alert indicating that it is disabled, allowing to new sounds to be used. Finally, note that if you do not want to use new sounds, the indicator will still work fine without them.

Another small feature change as suggested by Pipetrader added.

Removed a little bug.....

I have changed the 'StepMA' used to a modified, much faster version. Please download both from here.

There was a major bug in my version of StepMA so I have removed it and reverted back to the original version of 'PipeTrader_FI_Strategy_v1'.

The 'bug' in StepMA turns out to be a relic of the shitty way this indicator is calculated, which there's no getting around... Anyway, arrow problem fixed and it's still an order of magnitude faster then the original.

If you are happy with the original StepMA, no need to upgrade. Otherwise you need to download both.

I have fixed the arrow problem with the 'speeded-up' StepMA and re-uploaded it (post #127). If you are happy with the original, no need to upgrade........

Reason: