My simple 20 pips. - page 9

omelette:
It was posted by PipeTrader in his 2'nd or 3'rd post of this thread.........

Thanks. Don't I feel like a schmuck!

Lux

Wow, that was probably the longest backtest ever - over an Hour!!! Bluto, your spectacular results piqued my interest so I thought I'd try to replicate them. Just one currency pair, default settings, 90% data quality...........

im not good with eas and how they execute trades, could you post the rules of how the ea works so i can do a manual test of my own.

thanks

bluto:
I was intrigued by PipeTrader's method so I decided to whip up a little EA to test the ideas. The EA deviates a bit from the posted method and doesn't use the Force indicator. The StepMa signals alone are used to trigger orders. I use some dynamic lot sizing based on equity and a trailing stop feature. The EA seems to perform best on an H1 chart with medium-high volatility pairs. I backtested USDJPY, GBPUSD & EURUSD for 2006 using 90% quality data....backtest reports and the EA are in the attached zip file. According to the backtester, if you had started out in Jan. 06 with $10K for each pair, you'd be worth about $8 million by Dec. 2006. (lol ) One characteristic of this EA is that it makes monster profits during trending periods, and essentially breaks even/makes small marginal profits during ranging periods. Anyway, download and forward test. You'll also need the Step_MA indicator PipeTrader posted. Who knows, might be a cool EA.

Lot size

bluto:
I'm looking at your results. Something is definitely weird. At first glance, I don't understand why your starting lot size is .2 when you're using money mgmt. and your equity is $10K with RiskPercent set to 2.0. Your lot size should be 4.0.

2% of 10,000 is 200 so 0.2 lots seems correct. I have not looked at your version of mm but that is how mine works.

4 lots would be 40% of 10,000.

Robert

Hi guys!

Always shall we some obscurity as to results backtestu, to everyone coming - out something else ... At the same time it consider behind base testing.

Shall I request on BACKTEST GURU

You can please do backtest some exemplary EA and insert him here in conjunction with presentation origin data, version MQ4 and brokera, GMT zone?

I'd like, to had each of us possibility make sure before tested some EA referential record on exemplary EA, same data and with MQ4 from of even brokera. What do you mean, stood would it behind save?

Regards

bluto:
I'm looking at your results. Something is definitely weird. At first glance, I don't understand why your starting lot size is .2 when you're using money mgmt. and your equity is $10K with RiskPercent set to 2.0. Your lot size should be 4.0.

Though I'm not sure it is the case in this instance, if you forget to recalculate before doing the backtest, you end up with results far better than would be realised otherwise. This has led me to think I had discovered the HG more than once

bluto:
For a 200:1 mini account, 1 Lot = $50 equity. 4 Lots = $200 equity. $200 equity = 2% of $10,000, not 40%

What broker are U using, Bluto ?

My backtests show good profits (FXDD), but very far from your results.

fxnewbie:
What broker are U using, Bluto ? My backtests show good profits (FXDD), but very far from your results.

What is bad with my Strategy tester?

Data from ALPARE, DS_OMEGA downloader, and after download export from DS_OMEGA to M1, M5, M15, m30, H1, H4, D1.

Next step, standard import to MQ4, MQ4 NOT CONNECTED!

Use MQ4 from FXDD build 201.

Total diferent , hopeless result.

joke

- "In the USA we have: George Bush, Stevie Wonder, Bob Hope, Johny Cash..."

- "In the Czech Republic we have Paroubek - no wonder, no hope, no cash!"

Files:
pipebomb.gif  6 kb
pipebomb.zip  344 kb
pipebomb.jpg  209 kb
pipebomb1.jpg  197 kb
ds_omega.jpg  147 kb

frantacech:
What is bad with my Strategy tester?

Data from ALPARE, DS_OMEGA downloader, and after download export from DS_OMEGA to M1, M5, M15, m30, H1, H4, D1.

Next step, standard import to MQ4, MQ4 NOT CONNECTED!

Use MQ4 from FXDD build 201.

Total diferent , hopeless result.

joke

- "In the USA we have: George Bush, Stevie Wonder, Bob Hope, Johny Cash..."

- "In the Czech Republic we have Paroubek - no wonder, no hope, no cash!"

Hi fantacech !!

Yes, very different results

Anyway, maybe help to duplicate results if you follow instructions writed by Codersguru's to get 90% modelling quality and download 1 M data from the source he recommends.

fxnewbie:
Hi fantacech !!

Yes, very different results

Anyway, maybe help to duplicate results if you follow instructions writed by Codersguru's to get 90% modelling quality and download 1 M data from the source he recommends.

Thanks, I trying again.

Reason: