How many of you are successful ? - page 6

McDuck:
Hi guys. This is my story.

Thankyou for sharing that.

I think this is becoming a common theme. We all start out, thinking this is the solution to all our dreams (check out my 'alias'), but sooner or later reality clicks in. I lost money. Thankfully, not a lot .. as I'm trading small. Now, I'm just looking for a modest, reliable system........ The millions can come later.

I actually think I've found such a system. I ran backtests here, and have since been trading this live. So far ... it's working as expected (although I am aware of the unreliability of backtests) ... but it's still early days. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

FutureMillionaire?:
Thankyou for sharing that.

I think this is becoming a common theme. We all start out, thinking this is the solution to all our dreams (check out my 'alias'), but sooner or later reality clicks in. I lost money. Thankfully, not a lot .. as I'm trading small. Now, I'm just looking for a modest, reliable system........ The millions can come later.

I actually think I've found such a system. I ran backtests here, and have since been trading this live. So far ... it's working as expected (although I am aware of the unreliability of backtests) ... but it's still early days. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

please, can u share the EA with as? Thank you. J

janka:
please, can u share the EA with as? Thank you. J

I'm currently using V12, a derivative of 10points3. It's new out and even though I believe I've found a successful formulae, it is still being tested. I just thought it would be worth testing on a live account (only trading small)

Unfortunately, Davidke20 and yeoeleven (the developers), decided to restrict the number of people testing V12, so it's not generally available. It wouldn't be right to give it out against their wishes.

I believe, if you express an interest to Davidke20, you may be able to become one of the testers for the next EA they're developing.

Regards,

Ray

As of yesterday I am at +198 pips total for the month of March. The months not finished yet so my goal is +200 pips which comes out to roughly 10pips a day. I do not trade every day, I trade only the early hours of the Asian session and I trade very conservative lot sizes. I've so far earned 4% return in the month. My max dawdown was less then 1%.

I have been working on this particular system that i'm using now for almost a year now, I have been trading forex for 3 years. I've read a huge amount of books in regards to technical analysis, read even more online, have tried and tested numerous indicators, trading systems etc.

In the end I only started becoming a highly effective trader by not thinking about the money, or the fame, or any rewards at all actually. I would just come home from my day job, and trade away, not really thinking about fear or greed anymore, just wanting to trade well. Eventually the simplicity became the norm, to the point I one day looked at my profit/loss statements and realized that I had won more pips then lost.

My strategy is simple and fast, i'm in and out, it's not scalping as my trades can last anywhere from 5mins to 2 hours.. I don't leave orders open overnight which saves my sanity when i'm trying to sleep.

I treat trading as a job, I focus on discipline, focus on just doing a job well done, I don't count the money at all, I count net pips and even that I don't much pay attention to anymore. It's about trading well, it's about doing exactly what your system is meant to do.

I think in trying to find a winning strategy we're over complicating things.

Hey guys. I think success depends on what your aiming at.

Here is my story. Almost 2 years ago I began with my 1 million dollar project. Starting with 1000$ and it could turn into a million in 2 years. Idea is simple. I only need to double it up 10 times to turn it into 1024000$. After 1 year I had doubled it up 6 times and heading to the 7th. Everytime when I am at 100k, I can't seem to hold on to it. I began to become a bit cocky, thinking that it was a bulletproof martingale system and was slacking off. Then I made my biggest mistake. Instead of closing 10k floating loss, I left it open with all my pending orders when I had to leave for a few weeks. There was not much left when I got back.....

Now I just try to make a living. Would be great if I can make millions in the future. One thing is for sure, there will be another improved milliondollar project soon.

Sofar, I am unsuccessful......

humax:

Here is my story. Almost 2 years ago I began with my 1 million dollar project. Starting with 1000$ and it could turn into a million in 2 years. Idea is simple. I only need to double it up 10 times to turn it into 1024000$. After 1 year I had doubled it up 6 times and heading to the 7th. Everytime when I am at 100k, I can't seem to hold on to it. I began to become a bit cocky, thinking that it was a bulletproof martingale system and was slacking off. Then I made my biggest mistake. Instead of closing 10k floating loss, I left it open with all my pending orders when I had to leave for a few weeks. There was not much left when I got back.....

Now I just try to make a living. Would be great if I can make millions in the future. One thing is for sure, there will be another improved milliondollar project soon.

Never cry over spilled milk! think of this this way, if you did it before then it means you have the knowledge to do it again, it was just a costy price of learning.

Good luck in your new Million dollar project!

--Tal

humax:

LOL Humax, your last post made me laugh. I thought I was the only one who came so close to bliss but lossed it when the account grew too big for my nerves.(manual trading is a B^tch when that happens)

Funny thing is ,that's is the reason I still believe it's possible to make it in forex. If I have done it before I can still do it again but without having the greed factor influencing me too much. I wouldn't change the bad experiences I had. It made me less cocky and hopefully wiser

Sada

I think that trading 5 lots is the "magic number" for many brokers. Once you hit "5 lots" they start seeing you differently because you affect their overall position very strongly. Maybe if there are a lot of people on the same broker all trading "5 lots" then they won't be so concerned. I am very cautious of going to "5 lots" magic number. I would rather spend an extra few months (which I'm doing now) and rewrite the EA to not use a broker. Learning ECN trading will be a big shift from the soft warm fuzzy world of MetaTrader. Protocols, sessions and C++ object inheritance, oh my.

On the other hand, I just don't think the brokers are comfortable with large trades from people they don't know. Maybe if you call the dealing desk every day... j/k

I am very sucessful in this. It is easy. I have a very good EA that I use that uses mathmatics, technical indicators and news. Forex trading is not really that difficult but everyone seems to make it so. Keep trying everyone and good luck to you.

Thanks Tal.

So you bumped your head too Sada?

Hope you are doing fine now. Just don't give back the pips you've earned!

And henry, I agree with you. Mathmatics and news are the key. But I don't believe in indicator. When I just started I was amazed by many pictures posted on forums with indicators. Then I tried them and found out indicators just don't work. There is always lag. And the worse part is, there are just far too many indicators. Maybe you have found or made a indicator that is good with your system. Care too share a bit of your success?

Daraknor, my last broker said if you trade less than 20 lots, you stay under radar. They must have hated me and at the time I lost, they must be lol

Good luck to us all in forex. Hope we all make millions and more!

Reason: