How many of you are successful ? - page 2

Luke_P:
I'm 25 and had no experience with trading/investing a little over a year ago. I have 2 years work experience as a programmer but have taken a year off from work. Since about 8 months ago I started approaching trading from an automated standpoint and have used and looked at various software. I've not made any money yet and have spend a significant amount of my time. I probably spend close to 40 hours per week working on my computer relating to trading. I've got 3 strategies that I'm working on right now but by now it has become a very familiar feeling. I start out so excited after formulating in my mind how successful my strategy will be. I'm already spending all my money. Then as I work more and more on it and as it gets closer to completion it becomes more and more obvious that it is a total piece of crap. Then finally when I'm done I realize I've just wasted an enormous amount of my time for nothing. Well, hopefully all that nothing will end up becoming knowledge and one day I will become successful. Until that day...

So you're programming your own systems then? Have you not tried (or adapted) the many being developed here?

FutureMillionaire?:
Ah, well. The user list shows 22,037 members. I should have had 32 responses now .... the other 22,035 over the next day or so.

What hope do I have, when I can't even do simple arithmetic? That should have been 22,005 .. of course. I promise you it was just a typo

Winning Systems

I could answer your question best by posting my statements and graphics of the executions in MT4, but I'm afraid I would be seen as commercial. However, you can develop somthing that generates income consistently if you keep at it and think conservatively. It's not hopeless.

I'm 64 and I have been working on this for years to provide a means of income in my retirement. I am now confident I have done that. I'm here to continue to learn and be intellectually stimulated by the smart people in this forum.

harooki2:
I could answer your question best by posting my statements and graphics of the executions in MT4, but I'm afraid I would be seen as commercial. However, you can develop somthing that generates income consistently if you keep at it and think conservatively. It's not hopeless. I'm 64 and I have been working on this for years to provide a means of income in my retirement. I am now confident I have done that. I'm here to continue to learn and be intellectually stimulated by the smart people in this forum.

Thankyou, that's encouraging ... but are you actually trading live? I've got some very encouraging results .. in demo mode. I'm looking for evidence that works with real money .. before I put any on the line.

My statements are real money statements.

harooki2:
My statements are real money statements.

Well, that's wonderful. You are the first person that has confirmed this can work. Thankyou.

I wonder if there are many more like you, or whether you are just one of the lucky few. I hope to hear from others with similar experience.

FutureMillionaire?:
So you're programming your own systems then? Have you not tried (or adapted) the many being developed here?

I'm programming my own systems partly because I have ideas I think might be successful and partly because I want to learn the intrinsics of MQL. I was hesitant to look at MetaTrader seriously because I was reading about requotes and that it is a software catered to brokers. I will see if that proves to be the case in live trading. But the user base is really a marvelous thing and I don't think there is any other automated trading platform that even comes close in that way. I haven't decided which if any of the public EAs posted here I will trade. But I'm grateful to this site and the fact that they are available. I've learned that I need to be very conservative with actually using a live system whether it is developed by myself or someone else. I've only been using MT and this forum for about a month. I'm not currently running any live EAs.

Luke_P:
I'm not currently running any live EAs.

It sure is tempting though. For example .. I've been running a Phoenix_4_CONTEST demo for the last three weeks. I started with 5 000, and it's now standing at 9 928.79. That's not a bad return in 3 weeks ! It would be nice to think that would work with a real account.

Have any of you out there done that?

I hope you've been following the Phoenix thread here recently.

Luke_P:
I hope you've been following the Phoenix thread here recently.

Actually, no. It's just one of many EAs I picked up that I decided to try. I can't even remember where from. Why ... are there hidden dangers I should know about? Does it lead you on ... then wipe you out?

Reason: