EA for MA cross with take profit levels - page 2

I fixed a problem with the trading logic. I got the open and close MAs confused. (Some of the old backtests I did had surprisingly good results, considering that it was technically a "counter-trend" system) I've corrected the problem and have included a preset file that gave me decent backtest on the GBPUSD m15 chart.

Files:
maca_fixed.zip  16 kb

the fixed version opens orders in the opposite direction of the actual cross!

while the older version opens in the correct direction of the cross....

see

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8220/56882770jp4.png

--How does the anchor settings work?

I use 5 EMA & 70 EMA so what settings should I put for the anchor?

I like to Request a feature of opening up lots depending on what you want to risk (MM) e.g 5%

Mini Account: yes or no....

Thanks

-----Take profits levels don't seem to be taking profits it just keeps on going with the same lots until a cross again to stop it out or reverse??

"anchors"

Could you please go into a bit of detail about these "anchors"? I can't figure out how they work at all.

Thanks!

-Merritt

I need help, how to use the ma cross advanced.

ryanklefas:
i've made a number of additions to the ea since my last post:

1) improved the profit targets; you can now input different lot sizes per target

2) added a breakeven feature

3) added the ability to change the mode of the moving average: 0 simple moving average, 1 exponential moving average, 2 smoothed moving average, 3 linear weighted moving average.

4) the ea now enters a trade on a new candle, not immediately

5) added an option to have the ea close its orders when the mas cross again or when trend is over (allowclosing)

6) added "anchors" to help the ea decide when the prices are ranging, so as to prevent losses. The anchor values are the shift periods that the ea will look to to decide if the market has been previously trending and whether or not to enter.

The post contains the latest ea, along with its source. Don't be shy guys! Post and tell me what you think!

i dont understand how to use it with two ma, 80 ema and 10 ema;

that it open trade if tha ma cross the other ma, and to put filter?

Thank you.

MA Cross Advanced

Hi,

I have downloaded an EA from this forum and I'm trying to backtest it but I get an error : "Error opening BUY ordered : 130"

I have a stoploss=400 (because of 5 digits).

Does anyone have an Idea?

It's maybe a stupid error but I'm a newby...

Thanks

Files:

ma cross with take profit levels 4

Hi Guys,

I've been using this EA for a while and it seems to be quite good. However, when I set "Lots=0.5" only Take Profit 1 and Take Profit 2 are taken the rest of Take Profits just don't work. Everything is OK when I set "Lots=2.5" and higher.

Could someone look into the code? Or maybe I mess up something?

Thanks,

Fixy

ADD period

Hello all!!!

Ryanklefas great work!! good EA

Would have the option to choose the period of moving averages that we use? (Ex 55-60)

We could also choose other options mean? (price, method ...)

I think it would improve the results!

What do you think?

Need VERY simple EA

Hi

I would be very grateful if a kind person could either point me at, or code, a very simple 2 ma cross expert.

Need only entry at cross (on close of current bar). User choice of Period & type, TP (User definable), & if possible, Wav sound alert. Thats all folks.

Jeeves:
Hi

I would be very grateful if a kind person could either point me at, or code, a very simple 2 ma cross expert.

Need only entry at cross (on close of current bar). User choice of Period & type, TP (User definable), & if possible, Wav sound alert. Thats all folks.

did you try this?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Thanks 'assassin', kind of you to answer. The EA you posted I have already, too big and clumsy. I'm looking for something a lot more uncomplicated.....but thanks again.

Reason: