Metatrader 4 freezing up?

Anyone else has the problem of MT4 freezing up the PC and not responding until a reboot? Seems to happen about once per day to me and only when I have MT4 open and maximized. I have build 201

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes I get it I have to copy a backup config folder

So I'm not alone, but on the other hand it does seem to be a seldom case if no one else reports having this. May I ask what kind of PC are you on (manufacturer) and what anti-virus software are you using?

Just an old notebook but think it might have something to do with too many indicators in navigator

I'm also on a notebook (HP).

I doubt the number of indicators in the navigator has effect on this as the number is limited by MT4 itself.

c4n:
Anyone else has the problem of MT4 freezing up the PC and not responding until a reboot? Seems to happen about once per day to me and only when I have MT4 open and maximized. I have build 201 Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes! and I fixed! Go to control panel/ system/ advance/ performance /settings/ and on visual effects click Let windows choose what's best for my computer

that will fix it

chau

hi

sometimes freezing happened caused by unproper code of indicator due to memory resources

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

MT4 freezes

Hi all,

Lately, I have been having some problems with the MT4 freezing. Particularly on one of the MT4 screens. How it freezes it that the bars dont paint consistently and I notice that the 1 & 5 minute charts freeze then shift with the new candles, 1-2 minutes later. Also, when I right-click on the chart, it takes a while for the window to pop up. When it gets really bad, the MT4 platform turn opaque white for a while, then it goes back to normal. Kind of sucks when your watching for an entry. The other 2 MT4 platforms work fine and are easily accessible with timers working fine and right click options working without delay.

I know that Tradestation uses a lot of resources and when it gets bogged down, the indicators drop off the screen as it cant handle the resources.

Are there any computer savvy individuals out there that can identify what resources / parameters the MT4 platform uses and how it allocates them ?

For example:

Does the MT4 platform need more graphics memory to handle the numbers of indicators ? (mine has 1MB dedicated)

Does the MT4 platform need a lot of RAM ? (I have 8GB with 5.5GB remaining)

Does the MT4 platform need a lot CPU speed ? (I have i7 quad core)

Has anyone used a SSD vs a HDD ? Is there a noticeable difference in which the MT4 platform operates ?

Thanks in advance,

System lockup

The latest Metatrader versions seem to want to recompile all the indicators in the indicator directory and EAs in the Experts directory at startup for strange reasons at strange times. If you have a lot of indicators and EAs, as I do, this will take a lot of time and cpu power and the system will appear to be locked up. I would expect that Metatrader should only recompile those indicators it uses at initiation time but NOT ALL OF THEM, what a waste of resources!

The solution: move the unnecessary mt4 files out of the directories and into storage backup directories and delete any you are not using.

Tzuman:
The latest Metatrader versions seem to want to recompile all the indicators in the indicator directory and EAs in the Experts directory at startup for strange reasons at strange times. If you have a lot of indicators and EAs, as I do, this will take a lot of time and cpu power and the system will appear to be locked up. I would expect that Metatrader should only recompile those indicators it uses at initiation time but NOT ALL OF THEM, what a waste of resources! The solution: move the unnecessary mt4 files out of the directories and into storage backup directories and delete any you are not using.

I think I have this problem now too. It just started 2 days ago though. I have no idea why. What it seems to be doing is compiling all the programs all over again at MT4 start up even though none of them have been modified since last time. And it happens randomly too. When it happens it takes a good minute or two for the platform to start. I have a lot of indicators and EAs! My computer is a Windows 7 64 bit laptop and MT4 build is 402. It was working fine all this time though. If anyone else has this problem too or if anyone knows a solution then please post.

Looking for a way to tell if platform has frozen

I am looking for a way to notify me (email me) if my platform has froze up. I was thinking of by being able to read the ping value, but I am not sure how that could be coded. Has anyone done something like this or know of a system that can help out?

Thanks

Reason: