Farewell setup - page 2

Hi elihayun

Thank you for the tools to help fish with !

This is a great strategy and I have been following it. It does work (I have been testing it on cable only). I think with a few modications (improving the SL and adding a TP) would make this into a great system.

Does anyone want to discuss this method ?

Pervaz:
Hi elihayun

Thank you for the tools to help fish with !

This is a great strategy and I have been following it. It does work (I have been testing it on cable only). I think with a few modications (improving the SL and adding a TP) would make this into a great system.

Does anyone want to discuss this method ?

In my opinion this method have big potential.

I think a good BE will be very useful too. I have no doubt can be profitable.

But due the time required to be watching the PC is not suitable to trade manually. Maybe talented programmers here can help to create an EA of it, or at least create an alarm to signal a buy-sell situation when conditions are met. That's the only way to trade this setup, because if you trade manually maybe if you are lucky you will be in your PC when buy-sell conditions met to enter a trade.

fxnewbie

Your right

Ive tried to create an alarm but an EA would be better but i am shit at programming

xpma_1.mq4

fxnewbie:

But due the time required to be watching the PC is not suitable to trade manually. Maybe talented programmers here can help to create an EA of it, or at least create an alarm to signal a buy-sell situation when conditions are met. That's the only way to trade this setup, because if you trade manually maybe if you are lucky you will be in your PC when buy-sell conditions met to enter a trade.

Please use xpMA

Files:
xpma80.gif  18 kb
xpma_1.mq4  18 kb

xpMA

skydart

Do you want to add any other comment ?

I use the MA-rsi as a confirmation of the trend.

Ive added the xpMA and the trends match it.

Or do you have some other thoughts ?

Fare thee well............

Eli, I don't know why you are quitting, but I trust it is not for health reasons. Wish you well my friend and thank you for the development you have put into my method - it will never be forgotten.

Warmest wishes to you and your family.

But due the time required to be watching the PC is not suitable to trade manually. Maybe talented programmers here can help to create an EA of it, or at least create an alarm to signal a buy-sell situation when conditions are met. That's the only way to trade this setup, because if you trade manually maybe if you are lucky you will be in your PC when buy-sell conditions met to enter a trade. [/QUOT

Stay away from cable and try this with Aud/Us Usd/Jpy Gbp/Jpy they look to be a bit more forgiving even if you miss the exact entry, so long as you can check your charts a couple of times a day on the 1 hour you should be fine

thanks for sharing

Thanks for the farewell gift. I am new at this how do you use the MACD and MA(80) as a filter. And one more question what is a candle break. I would like to ask these question to the forum since elihayu is no longer a member. Any help would be greatfull. Jatki24300

The cross of the MACD is shown in the bottom histogram window when the white line crosses under or above the red line, this is also shown on your main chart as a red arrow below and a blue arrow for above, this would be time to maybe exit your trade and look for a potential reversal. The candle break is where a new candle starts above or below your macd rsi line that runs red to blue through the middle of your chart use on 1 hour time frame, stick with it showing me great returns and has changed my view on the way I trade from day trading which was proving to stressfuul and time consuming for me. I am now able to check charts at 7-8 am gmt and again in the evening to move stop losses, look for potential trades ect I have not been using 80 ma as average, my favourite ema is 62 but this is nearly the same as the rsi on your chart so I just trade from whats already there wth this set up, I do believe that on these forums people are to quick to jump from one trading strategy to another so, if someone that has put considerable time and effort into testinfg different stratagies and tells you as a farewell that this has been the best one for them then I think its not a bad idea to take note I have added martins cci woodies 100 to my chart and am more than happy with how my set up looks now nice, clean,simple and like I said on a previous post more forgiving on the 1 hour time frame if you happen to miss the start of an entry hope this helps a bit

Tony Hadley (gold)

That anyone here still interest with????

I don't know why this thread like sleeping, because of this thread was elihayun farewell or this strategy doesnt good anyway....

i studied this farewell setup, but after backtesting i prefer this setup good at GBPJPY.

anyone here have good setting to other pair with this setup???

Reason: