Farewell setup - page 4

Is Anyone Still Trading This setup

Hi,

Is anyone still trading this setup and is so are you having some good results.

Vegas

Vegas:
Hi,

Is anyone still trading this setup and is so are you having some good results.

Vegas

I've made up a fast EA for this system. It seems to be optimized for 2007. The best result is for 2006.09-now. Its around 2000 pips with 600+ pip drawdown. I haven't build a close orders on MACD change function yet, orders are closed on new signal. One trade at any time, one direction at a time. Buy is opened when the price crosses one of the MAs - MA high for buy and MA low for sell. MACD filter is applied when checking to open new trades

Thanks to the author! A pity to know people with brilliant ideas leave this forum.

Tested on GBP/USD. Works. Still profitable. You'll have rare (average is around 1 trade per week) deals and stay out of choppy markets (it will eat your deposit if you don't close while in profit). Otherwise its pretty nice performance for the moment (Sept, 2007).

Shinigami

Any updates on the EA's performance with other pairs? I would also be interested in any results of foreword testing.

This seems like a good system. But I agree with the one post saying that it needs an EA due to the time required to trade it manually. It's either an EA or I teach my wife and kids how to trade!

this setup at championsip

hi....

i made my EA with this setup, with basic setup i had test at automated trading championship wit EURJPY pairs, but but this have 5 trading with 2 win and 3 lose.

i'll see EA performance at the ending of champ.....

and there is HA (who likes) and templete, just in case

just small indis update

p.s. amazing : ma80; macd 38 120 20 - maybe that's why it's so reliable...

Eli is back! /en/users/elihayun

Hi, Eli, - where have you been? - so nice to see you back!

dem....some people here been trying to mess with your staff...

- but don't worry, we've been scarying them ovey...

Wow ,that's a real GOOD news!He's back....

This is a great setup and very similar to what I trade. I am posting my variation on this setup for your consideration.

Made a few changes :

1. MACD now colored and settings 18-120-21

2. Added my HAS extensions to the chart and a 21EMA ma

3. Added 400EMA to the 1min and 5min chart. Shows the 5min on the 1min and added support to the 5min chart

4. Instead of the MACD cross arrows now using the 9-21 EMA cross with alerts available

5. Added the signal bars adjusted to the chart's settings

All the previous rules apply.

Steve

Files:
farewell-1.zip  14 kb
eurusd_1.gif  58 kb
Reason: