Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 58

bluto:
Here's a forward test statement for 02/27-02/28 from a new EA piece I call "WaveRider" that will be a trend-following module stubbed in to JitterBug. The JitterBug backbone handles ranging conditions and passes control to this sub-EA whenever strong trend conditions are detected. The Yen behaved nicely today. Wish it was real money.

i ask what the EA for this result ????

bluto:
Here's a forward test statement for 02/27-02/28 from a new EA piece I call "WaveRider" that will be a trend-following module stubbed in to JitterBug. The JitterBug backbone handles ranging conditions and passes control to this sub-EA whenever strong trend conditions are detected. The Yen behaved nicely today. Wish it was real money.

Looks good, interested to see more of the JitterBug and WaveRider family ...

Goblin_Bipolar - Custom Made Lots

I wish to say hello and thank to all of you who contribute on this forum.

For those of who would like to use Goblin Bipolar with a different lots sequence, I attach the EA below.

The defaults represent the settings I prefer.

If the CustomMadeLots variable is set to true, then the EA is not doubling the lots anymore; instead is using the lots sequence defined by CMLot1, CMLot2...... CMLot10. Also, the UseFiboLotSizeProgression variable doesn't apply anymore.

If CustomMadeLots variable is set to false, then this EA is behaving as the original EA - doubling the lots or using a Fibo sequence.

The lots sequence I prefer is:

0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 1.2, 2.0, 3.5, 6.2

In my testing I usually use max 8 lots (which means 2.0 max size lots), on H4 timeframe, EURUSD.

CatMan:

For those of who would like to use Goblin Bipolar with a different lots sequence, I attach the EA below.

If the CustomMadeLots variable is set to true, then the EA is not doubling the lots anymore; instead is using the lots sequence defined by CMLot1, CMLot2...... CMLot10. Also, the UseFiboLotSizeProgression variable doesn't apply anymore.

If CustomMadeLots variable is set to false, then this EA is behaving as the original EA - doubling the lots or using a Fibo sequence.

In my testing I usually use max 8 lots (which means 2.0 max size lots), on H4 timeframe, EURUSD.

Interesting mod, catman! Do you have a statement to share that shows the action/profitability of these sequence settings?

CatMan:

that is awsome. thanks

Doing some back tests with playing with lot sizes. All I'd do (my self) is increase the lot size of 4 and 5 and keep the rest of my settings the same. 4/5 both close for losses. I'd increase them to make them close for profits instead.

Is there any way to increase the last 2 trades (4/5) and not disable the risk and equity target, and other settings?

CML results

Hi Bluto,

I attach the results for the demo accounts I started this week on 2 brokers (TradexGroup and IBFX). They run with my preffered settings (TP=24, Pips=18, H4 timeframe, EURUSD, lots sequence: 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.2, 0.4, 0.6, 1.2, 2.0, 3.5, 6.2 ) I use a 10k demo normal account on TradexG and a 1k mini demo account on IBFX

Unfortunately I lost a harddisk recently and I lost my statements for the previous 4 weeks, but I still have some consolidated results in a spreadsheet - see below:

Period 31.01.07-26.02.07, TradexGroup, 10k account, only EURUSD, H4:

Profit: 689.00

Floating P/L: -14.00

MaxDrawdown: -765.16

Max Lots in my sequence: 3times x 1.2Lots (ie - for 3 times it reached level 7 in my lots sequence)

Period 31.01.07-26.02.07, IBFX, 1k mini account, only EURUSD, H4:

Profit: 66.94

Floating P/L: -0.60

MaxDrawdown: -92.44

Max Lots in my sequence: 1time x 1.2Lots (ie - once it reached level 7 in my lots sequence)

I didn't stop the EA during the news release (my computers run 24/24)

I'm testing some other variants of this EA, but so far I prefer the original Goblin Bipolar with a modified Lots sequence. I'm under the impression that the chances to blow the account are smaller then when the lots are doubled

Files:
tradexgroup.htm  14 kb
ibfx.htm  16 kb
ibfx.gif  5 kb

CML variant

xxDavidxSxx:
Is there any way to increase the last 2 trades (4/5) and not disable the risk and equity target, and other settings?

Hi David,

I haven't played in my testing with the risk&equity target. but all I can say is that I haven't changed any of the code in regards to the risk&equity target so to me the code should work as before. All my changes are in relation to lot sizes - gives you the posibility to use the sequence you want.

But I'll have to check in the code if there are any corelations.... haven't played with it..

Now... I calculated the Profit Points and Total Lots for my sequence in a buy or sell cycle (that's for TP=24 and Pips=18) ... For the moment I'm not trying to maximize the Profit Points, I rather try to keep the lots size low and save my a** :-) That's only in theory, I didn't take into account slippage, etc... Also, if you use different TP, Pips values it makes sense to recalculate the Lots sequence and see what values you get for Profit Points ....

Hope it makes a bit of sense ...

Level - Lot Size - Total Lots - Profit Points

1 - 0.1 - 0.1 - 2.4

2 - 0.1 - 0.2 - 4.0

3 - 0.1 - 0.3 - 1.8

4 - 0.2 - 0.5 - 1.2

5 - 0.4 - 0.9 - 1.8

6 - 0.6 - 1.5 - 0

7 - 1.2 - 2.7 - 1.8

8 - 2.0 - 4.7 - 1.2

9 - 3.5 - 8.2 - 0.6

10 - 6.2 - 14.4 - 1.8

Also, from my backtesting results, using my settings, aprox 98% of the trades occur in the first 6 levels (that's 0.6 max lot size).

I'll publish some backtests with 90% modeling ..... just a sec - i have to dig through them ... :-)

CML variant

Ok - just for the record (I know - backtesting is just "in theory"), I post a backtest with 90% modeling quality.

my settings: TP=24, Pips=18, MaxLots=8, EURUSD only, H4 timeframe for the whole 2006 year.

100k demo

Profit: 13692

Max Drawdown: -6299

Min Equity: 96134

11 times it reached level 8

Don't be confused by the EA name in the statement - it's essentially the same EA I've attached here before (I just cut down some features I don't use in order to make it running faster and I vary the lot sizes directly into the code )

Files:
rap_26.gif  7 kb
rap_26.htm  746 kb

CML variant

Just a quick one to clarify - in my code I calculate&print the lowest value for AccountProfit() for a test period (that's a negative value). That's what I called "Max Drawdown" in my previous posts.

That's a different value from the Max Drawdown as being reported by Metatrader.

I haven't used the right terminology - sorry for the confusion.

CatMan:
...The lots sequence I prefer is:

Hey, finally somebody else finds alternative lot size usage useful!

The reason for such an improvement is the statistical observation that most profits are collected with the first 1-3 orders and the higher orders 4-6 (or above) rarely win but add a lot of risk because of the high lot sizes needed. So it is clear that the weighting of low orders vs. higher orders should be changed in order to increase low order profits. Of course optimal lot sizing depends on your t/p and pips settings.

I use with success the following settings:

a) EURUSD M15, t/p 15, s/l 10, pips 5, max trades 6 with lot sizes 1.5,2.7,1.2,0.6,1.2,1.8

b) EURUSD M5, t/p 10, s/l 10, pips 5 max trades 5 with lot sizes 2,2,1,3,4

Both configs apply to a 50k account, scale down the sizes according to your account size. In addition to that I use constant percentage of capital for compounding the profits. So whenever a new trade is started lot sizes are multiplied by a factor current equity/starting equity. This is based on the Kelly approach.

With above settings, you need > 90% winners. With a win rate that high you can also try to exploit the statistical fact that you rarely have successive losers. So you can try to use lot size progressions known from some gambling schemes to more quickly recover from a loser.

Example: After a loser start with the lot size multiplication sequence 3,3,2,2,1.5,1.5,1 where you advance in the sequence after every winner and restart after a loser. Try out other sequences yourself. Note that you should reach factor 1 before your average run length, otherwise you use constant overleverage.

It is controversial whether progressions are useful. They try to exploit statistical properties of winner/loser sequences, but they increase risk and they need a fairly stable win rate.

I use a version of Bipolar with these features builtin, but it needs a lot of cleanup before publishing it.

Reason: