Mb we can sticky this on EVERY section.

taken from bobblong's excellent posting @ FF.

Notable things about the not so worthy methods available on the forum:

1. The person presenting the system does not actually trade the system

2. The system has never been traded on a live account

3. There are exubarent claims made regarding the potential gains

4. The system is presented just for the sake of attention seeking by the author

5. The readers are never expected to actually understand why something works e.g how the indicators work, how they are calculated, what they will never be able to tell you

do not take offense newdigital, i just want to contribute to increasing the quality of this forum.

It is good post. I can add items 6 and up to the 20.

But as you know it was the war between commercial sellers and free public developers on our forum. It was finished 2 weeks ago. People won. It was started like this: commercial sellers posted the message "give me a proof" to many commercial threads and then they posted it to some public threads as well. Free developers were fully confused: "which proof, to whom, who are you". Because free developers are doing something for free.

Just 2 examples how it was started many months ago.

1. One seller can go to some public threads with the post: "give me a proof". People did not reply and he started to say that their public system is not good but his private EAs are very good. Thus, when I woke up in the morning I saw just 20 public threads were killed, people stopped development for free and everybody was talking about his private EAs (which he is selling of course).

2. The other example.

One person can go with give-me-proof post to some public thread where people are using some indicator, and to some commercial threads. When the threads were "killed sucessfully" so he can start selling his system based on exact same indcator which they developed for free.

This "give me a proof" came to our forum from the other forums. "Give me a proof" is not our forum lexicon. We are not using this word 'proof' or 'prove'.

It is the better to change this word to the others:

Can I help you?

But as i said you are right: we are having quantity (many trading systems) and now we need quality.

im glad that we are on the same page here.

There should be some restrictions on people posting new systems. such as they must provide some months of live trading trades, and that they firmly stand behind it not for selling the system, but the good of contributing to this community.

I understand there is a bit of controversy amongst commercial system sellers. As for as I'm concerned, SELL IT TO HEDGE FUNDS, not to foolish traders who buy it. If its taht good, im sure hedge funds will open their ears (as steintz claim his system is used by hedge funds, which no evidence of it is provided)

Reason: