Enough speculation - Lets TRACK the Spread..

We have all personally experienced in day to day trading, and every day, read so much in so many forums, about the variability of spread between different brokers at different times that I feel it is time to quantify it finally.

The question is Who's doing it, how often, when and on what pairs?

I'm not a programmer, but I am told that its feasible to write an EA that polls the spread from your broker on say four majors every 1-5 minutes, recording the results in a form that can subquently be graphed, in MT4. I don't know if that advice is correct but if it is, then can someone please code such an EA that we can all run in background on our MT4 platforms, that allows us to subsequently see exactly what our broker is doing with spreads. Such an EA would allow us to exchange the resulting "spread-log" files so we could compare and even perhaps publish, on Forum, in graphcal time series, the real spreads offered by the major brokers we all deal with, and create some real transparency in an area that seems to irritate so many forum members.

Let me be clear.. for my part, in suggesting this, I totally accept that brokers need to vary spreads. I have no problem with the reality of variable spreads. I understand the business dynamics that drive them , fully. I just think it would be good to allow traders to see, compare and collate some record of what variability of spread their individual brokers are offering them, and allow them to compare this with what other brokers do.

The sole issue is transparency.

If this makes any sense please please post your comments and proposals for what can be a very simple and effective project.

Good Perspective..

Just found the script which are saving all currency, spread and so on on excel file. But this script is working very slowly.

The other script from KIMIV is doing the same: all simbols information in csv file in /file folder (including spreads).

Besides, it was realized in CyberiaTrader EA (we have one public and one elite thread about this EA).

And this market information about every broker is related to MarketInfo function in Metatrader. Just open MetaEditor and did search concerning MarketInfo.

Of course it may be good if somebody created simple indicator or script which will show all the infor on the chart.

Thanks ND...

will d/l and check these out..

Reason: