Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 88

Frantacech

frantacech:
See picture.

long bar and ea dont close cross SL.

Maybe slow pc or very quick bar

Hi Frantacech,

If you are talking about your picture of gbpjpy,EA didn`t close trade because official settings require the EA for price to be stopped by chandelier at the close of 1h bar(chandelier if touched=false)not just when touched..

description of this feature in ea code seems to be not quite right,but for your information chand if touched=false,means at the close of 1h bar ,not just when touched...you can check it with visual tester if you want

Regards

Simba

SIMBA:
Hi Frantacech,

If you are talking about your picture of gbpjpy,EA didn`t close trade because official settings require the EA for price to be stopped by chandelier at the close of 1h bar(chandelier if touched=false)not just when touched..

description of this feature in ea code seems to be not quite right,but for your information chand if touched=false,means at the close of 1h bar ,not just when touched...you can check it with visual tester if you want

Regards

Simba

wow, my mistake, roger.

SIMBA:
Hi goldcourse

Thanks for posting your pics,2 comments..

1-The official settings are valid only for gbpusd and gbpjpy..these specific settings don`t work for usdchf,usdjpy,eurusd,eurjpy,at least in the long term,so,please test only on the 2 previously mentioned pairs..or test on all of them if you want to do so for informative purposes..but please,when posting your tests,be so kind to somehow specify this fact

2-EXTREMELY IMPORTANT:Your demo account has 10k as initial balance and you are trading 1 lot on several pairs..even if initially the returns on equity look spectacular,this will lead to disaster..you need 10k for every GBP based pair/lot you want to trade,and 6k for every USD or EUR denominated pair,since you will end up with several open positions at the same time..so,if you want to stick to gbpusd and gbpjpy,initial balance should be 20k..if you want to use it additionally on eurjpy,eurusd,usdchf,usdjpy ..you need 24k in additional funds,so,let`s round the 44k total to 45k ,and then you will be on the aggressive safe side

Thanks and Regards

Simba

Hi Simba,

Okay, I will retest on G/U & G/J and sorry for the confusion to all.

SIMBA:
Hi Frantacech,

Regards

Simba

Hi guys, thanks for your contributions so far. The site for data is available but the data files aren't... I don't know the reason. Keep trying.

Has anyone tested the pivots EA?

As far as the EA problem, Simba's right. There was an error in the comments, I apologize for that. Check the attachment for 1.3 and 1.4 versions with correct comments.

no data

Hi Malcik,

Still no access to data from Alpari databank. Can you post the data you have as attach. ?

fxpertno1:
Hi Malcik, Still no access to data from Alpari databank. Can you post the data you have as attach. ?

Hi fxpertno1,

That's strange... it's working for me... I can't attach them because the forum will not accept such large attachments but if you PM me, I can get them to you. Either PM me the address of your FTP server (if you have one) so that I can upload it there, or just PM me your e-mail address and I can try to send you the files through Czech service called Uschovna (depository in English). But first, please, try to download it yourself -- that's a lot quicker and easier for both of us.

finally

That was the 20th try in like 3 days and it finally opened the zip file?? I will start on sunday with the cable & gbp.jpy..

Malcik:
Hi guys, thanks for your contributions so far. The site for data is available but the data files aren't... I don't know the reason. Keep trying.

Has anyone tested the pivots EA?

As far as the EA problem, Simba's right. There was an error in the comments, I apologize for that. Check the attachment for 1.3 and 1.4 versions with correct comments.

Please, attach missing Dolly.ex4 or better mq4

Backtest with new data 2001-2007

I testing with new data 1.3.official and 1.3.b

Here result.

Before 2004... bad performance, but maybe only bad data. I do not know.

I think, backtest before 2004 is not trustful.

Reason: