Simple MA Cross w RSI and Stochastic filter

Hi,

OK, after trying to code this one myself with mixed success, I'm looking to see if anyone else can do it more successfully than me (I'm not a programmer). It's a 5EMA / 10LWMA cross system with an RSI and stochastic filter. It's also an "always in the market" swing trading system that I believe will work best on the majors during the 1H timeframe. so when I'm closing out of a LONG position, I not only close that position, but also open up a SHORT position.

The key here is that I don't want the BUY/SELL entry orders to be triggered simply by the MA cross; I want to make sure the cross is real, so I need the MAs to have at least 2 pips between them.

Here is a summary of the logic:

ENTRY CONDITIONS:

1) TRUE CROSS - LONG ENTRY

5EMA moves above 10WMA by at least 2 pips

RSI > 50

Stochastic < 80

2) TRUE CROSS - SHORT ENTRY

5EMA moves below 10WMA by at least 2 pips

RSI < 50

Stochastic > 20

3) 5EMA "TAKEOFF" - LONG ENTRY

5EMA moves above 10WMA after having been within 1 to 2 pips for past couple of periods

RSI > 50

Stochastic < 80

4) 5EMA "TAKEOFF" - SHORT ENTRY

5EMA moves below 10WMA after having been withing 1 to 2 pips for past couple of periods

RSI < 50

Stochastic > 20

EXIT CONDITIONS:

1) LONG CLOSE

5EMA moves below 10WMA by at least 2 pips

2) SHORT CLOSE

5EMA moves above 10WMA by at least 2 pips

3) STOP LOSS TRIGGERED (TRAILING)

4) TAKE PROFIT TRIGGERED

It would also be great if I could have the MAs visible, Arrows (large) showing entries and exits and an audible alert for entries.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Ian

What are your settings for RSI and Stochastic? Whoever programs this can't verify the indicator without those.

Mookfx

mookfx:
What are your settings for RSI and Stochastic? Whoever programs this can't verify the indicator without those. Mookfx

Sorry. I have some of those values as input parameters in my version, but here is a starting point:

RSI - 14 period, apply to CLOSE

STOCHASTIC - %K = 10, %D = 3, Slowing = 3, MA method = Simple, Price field = Low/High

- Ian

iboersma:
Hi,

It would also be great if I could have the MAs visible, Arrows (large) showing entries and exits and an audible alert for entries.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Ian

Okay what are you looking for? Alert with sound and arrows when MA's cross???

Simple EMA crosses

Hi,

I think the strategy is best described in the following link:

Setup Your System in Six Steps - 11th Grade: Create Your Own Trading System - Beginner's Guide to Forex Trading, Free Forex Education, Learn to Trade Forex, Forex Training - BabyPips.com

I have manually forward tested it with good result. However, I missed many opportunities, because the EMAs crossed while I am sleep. This system sounds simple, but profitable. The RSI and STOCHASTIC are very good filters.

Would be very appreciated, if anyone can help to create an EA.

Thanks in advance

450pips

Anyone interested can view my attachement that I have floating profit of more than 450 pips. And this is only trading manually.

Imagine how much more if an EA can detect trading opp. 24/7

Come guys, an EA is definitely worthwhile.

Thanks in advance

Files:
ema_cross.bmp  1805 kb

That's only, of course, if the negative $29,000 is not from this system .

bi_remy:
Anyone interested can view my attachement that I have floating profit of more than 450 pips. And this is only trading manually.

Imagine how much more if an EA can detect trading opp. 24/7

Come guys, an EA is definitely worthwhile.

Thanks in advance

Sound like a good idea...

This is my very first demo account. No, the negative $29,000 is not caused by this system. It caused by many experimentations as the learning curve any forex newbie would go through. I am sure all of us have blown up numerous demo accounts.

That negative was caused by an experimentation on the carry trade of AUDJPY. I wasn't patient enough to see it through. AUDJPY was in fact advanced by 1,000pips.

Anyway, my forwad testing with this strategy is better than break even. However, I missed many opp. when EMA crossing while I was asleep. That's why I believe an EA is just perfect for this system.

The 450pips you see only part of my floating Profit. I exited with 300pips on the GBPJPY and the other 2 pairs are still floating with 500pips. You see my entry prices, when can check them out.

This strategy is just great for big market reversal like the one we are seeing in all JPY crosses. It spot on, ride the market and exit when the trend reverse. What else can we ask for

Ema Ea

Hi there,

This thread has not moved even a cm since I last visited. I was wondering if

any of the senior members were able to make the EA based on the rules discussed, if yes may I have a copy of teh EA please.

thanks for your support.

blueocean

Reason: