EA Switcher - page 13

drgoodvibe:
excellent template, thank you

Can you write an example for this portion. Say with an icustom indicator.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| ChoppyMarket() |

//| Checks the market for a "Choppy market situation" |

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

int ChoppyMarket()

{

//insert code to determine if it is a trending market.

//return 1 if it's choppy long, 2 if it's choppy short.

return(0);

That's what Igorad is working on. As soon as he's done, we can plug it in here and see how it goes.

Very good idea!

Very good idea. Just woundering, it's been month now since last post. Are we still working on this or incorporating it into portfolio automation EA. It (Switch EA) seems like portfolio automation EA or extention of it. Are we combining both ideas into one.

Cheer

Noel

Already Done?

I was looking at the code of the Predator EA. It seems like the author has already tackled the issue. Insteading of coding something that switches ea's, it switches indicators. In the EA settings you can choose the ea order type. He uses simple indicators for each order type. I attach the ea to the same pair with different order types and different magic numbers, and each chart opens it's own position.

Files:
predator.mq4  17 kb

Predator is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175515

It is not really what we want to create. It was idea to switch EAs according to the market condition predicted, than idea was changed to switch indicators automatically based on predicted market conditions ...

It just sarted to code: SpyTrader was coded, than market condition indicator was coded ...

It will be necessary to summarize everything and code final step as one switcher EA.

Combining 10 EA's together? (with a script or anything else)

I'm trying to find a tool, script or etc.. to combine 10 EA's to work in one account.

Is that possible?

Assume balance is 10.000$ and there are 10 different EA.

1st EA will use 1000$ as balance.

2nd. EA will use 1000$

etc

10th ea will use 1000$

anytime tool will look to the balance and assume that the current balance is 12000 than the available balance should be 1200 for all EA's.

advantages:

- Some EA work fairly for a long time and after a repetitive stoploss the balance goes to "0"

- By using this kind of a tool lower risk will be encountered.

- Different strategies may help to make our balance steady. (I'm sure that steady income is the best.)

- We can add and use JUNK EA's and may get huge revenue by this way. (otherwise this is very risky)

Is there any one help to me?

thanks for any advice...

I moved your post to this thread because your idea is very similar with the idea of EA Switcher.

We came very close to realization of this idea. I want to finish this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178788 just to understand about which EAs should be improved in which way and it is possible to start coding after that.

I'm waiting for the result of this isea and I hope this will be finished soon.

(I think that this is a must.)

but I should add that my idea is quite different and also will get different results. because my idea will combine different EA's in same time, won't switch to different market. (I can currently use my own EA and make special coding to suit different market conditions. this is also a good idea but different.)

"seperation of the balance into different EA's will smooth the performance."

thank you very much...

newdigital:
I moved your post to this thread because your idea is very similar with the idea of EA Switcher. We came very close to realization of this idea. I want to finish this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178788 just to understand about which EAs should be improved in which way and it is possible to start coding after that.

Your idea is good but only one thing:

it is impossible to use 10 EAs on one Metatrader's account without switching EAs off.

The main idea which many coders are trying to solve is the following:

how to combine different EA's in same time on one account. No one could solved it up to now without switching EAs off. So I do not think that it can be finished soon. Your idea is similar with the other ideas: Portfolio Manager EA.

On this thread I posted some library files to start coding.

I'm waiting for the result of this isea and I hope this will be finished soon. (I think that this is a must.)

The ideas (your idea, or Portfolio Manager idea, or EA Switcher idea) are as complex so it is difficult to finish even for big money and it is absolutely impossible to finish just according to simple member's request.

We are developing this EA Switcher slowly together with Portfolio manager and so on but it will not be finished soon.

Dear Administrator,

I'm not a coder but I know that this is almost impossible (currently) to use 10 EA in one metatrader program.

but I have found some way

1- Why not trading with different account? ( assume that you put 1000$ to each account. one of my broker has accepted this. And if I need to move fund to one account to another it is not difficult.)

2- With same account and different computers Can't we use different EA's? I'm really asking this because I don't know that this is ok or not. But I think that this can work.

regards

newdigital:
Your idea is good but only one thing:

it is impossible to use 10 EAs on one Metatrader's account without switching EAs off.

The main idea which many coders are trying to solve is the following:

how to combine different EA's in same time on one account. No one could solved it up to now without switching EAs off. So I do not think that it can be finished soon. Your idea is similar with the other ideas: Portfolio Manager EA.

On this thread I posted some library files to start coding.

The ideas (your idea, or Portfolio Manager idea, or EA Switcher idea) are as complex so it is difficult to finish even for big money and it is absolutely impossible to finish just according to simple member's request.

We are developing this EA Switcher slowly together with Portfolio manager and so on but it will not be finished soon.

ggezer:
Dear Administrator,

I'm not a coder but I know that this is almost impossible (currently) to use 10 EA in one metatrader program.

but I have found some way

1- Why not trading with different account? ( assume that you put 1000$ to each account. one of my broker has accepted this. And if I need to move fund to one account to another it is not difficult.)

2- With same account and different computers Can't we use different EA's? I'm really asking this because I don't know that this is ok or not. But I think that this can work.

regards

I am not a coder as well.

We can use different computers on same account but it will be the same as one account on same computer: trades, modify orders and so on will interrupt each other, every EA need some modifications, and Partfolio Manager EA should be created to manage many EAs on one account.

I know some member of our forum participated in same development with some laboratory in the US having good financing (he is having the thread about it on the forum). But I do not think they will post it or sell it as they spent a lot of money for creation (it was full time work for US programmers in the US). Besides, as I know, one Russian forum already created Portfolio Manager many months ago but they will not post it anywhere and will not sell (they are using it for their forum service). Besides, there were attempts to sell something similar somewhere in internet but I do not see those attempts anymore now. That's all that I know.

We will create it as well but it will not be finished soon as you said sorry.

I was thinking about this idea durng the many years so I understand all the difficulties. I described everything in this thread including some codes and library files posted and so on.

Reason: