Phoenix optimization - page 11

serhio:
Hi bertbin

Thanks for the intention to help.

daraknor answer's enough for me..

Thanks daraknor I'll try..

Gooooooood !

daraknor:

I'll look into his methods and redistribution policies, thanks for the reference.

You are welcome. I have one more thing, which can be useful for Phoenix 6.

You can use attached indicator for news avoidance (or participation). How to call this news indi from the EA is explained in the header.

Bterbin and others, check this out. When putting it on the chart, check 'Allow DDL imports' (need to be checked - enabled)

You will get countdown in minutes, when there will be next news for a paired currencies - so you can avoid (or participate) trading during news time.

Data is coming from the Forex Factory Calendar.

Very cute! Hat off to the author, Derk Wheller!

Mario

Files:
ffcal_v03b.mq4  36 kb

Phoenix Indicators

Thank you Forex4Syg, but actually I am looking for a way to display the indicators of the signals. When I apply the indicator you mention, it only places blue and red arrows where Phoenix would execute a buy or sell. I would like to be able to see the curves for the averages, etc. Any suggestions?

alamanjani:
You are welcome. I have one more thing, which can be useful for Phoenix 6.

You can use attached indicator for news avoidance (or participation). How to call this news indi from the EA is explained in the header.

Bterbin and others, check this out. When putting it on the chart, check 'Allow DDL imports' (need to be checked - enabled)

You will get countdown in minutes, when there will be next news for a paired currencies - so you can avoid (or participate) trading during news time.

Data is coming from the Forex Factory Calendar.

Very cute! Hat off to the author, Derk Wheller!

Mario

I had made something similar a few months ago, but I was using a CSV file. I decided I didn't want to release anything that was so dependent on updating the CSV file. (support nightmare) Do you have the DLL used as well?

autumnleaves:
Thank you Forex4Syg, but actually I am looking for a way to display the indicators of the signals. When I apply the indicator you mention, it only places blue and red arrows where Phoenix would execute a buy or sell. I would like to be able to see the curves for the averages, etc. Any suggestions?

Backtesting with visual mode works. I think the major problem is that the curves are irrelevant to trading, only the change in two relative curves matters. In Phoenix 6 I'm going to record magnitude as well as sign.

daraknor:

Do you have the DLL used as well?

I wasn't aware, there is need for any. Indicator don't show pending news on your charts?

I glanced through code and I found these two calls:

#import "kernel32.dll"

#import "wininet.dll"

First one is part of the Windows OS.

Second too, actually part of internet explorer I believe.

Let me know, which *.DLL you need and I will ask author for it.

Mario

I don't have a working copy of windows at the moment, so I'm flying blind. I assumed that since DLL had to be checked, it was using one. Now it sounds like it uses the IE based DLLs from what you say. I'll give it a try as soon as the system is live again.

Optimizing Dudes - A wicked improvement

A couple people were asking why when they set the TS does the trade kick out at a profit of 42. I updated my 5.7.2.W version, to make that happen for Mode1.

The results were great 42% better in my one little test.

These were the best results I've seen with any coding change I've tried.

The code is here, if someone would run this on one of their favorite test beds of data, I would be interested to know if this change is really as good as I'm saying. I attached my settings file, nothing special about it. I just optimized one field P_M1_TS, and had the pref settings true, mode 1 and used GBPUSD.

Daraknor this is a really simple change. I marked the lines with "- pcontour TS update"

Files:

Back Testing 5.7.2.W

Pcontour:
A couple people were asking why when they set the TS does the trade kick out at a profit of 42. I updated my 5.7.2.W version, to make that happen for Mode1.

The results were great 42% better in my one little test.

These were the best results I've seen with any coding change I've tried.

The code is here, if someone would run this on one of their favorite test beds of data, I would be interested to know if this change is really as good as I'm saying. I attached my settings file, nothing special about it. I just optimized one field P_M1_TS, and had the pref settings true, mode 1 and used GBPUSD.

Daraknor this is a really simple change. I marked the lines with "- pcontour TS update"

If I back test 5.7.0 vs 5.7.2.W. with optimization, I get 12% more over 1 year and that is almost the initial deposit in aditional profit ! Further more, the Draw Down is lower !

My settings are almost identical:

5.7.0 5.7.2.W

Default X X

Mode 1 1

TS -- 35 (optimized)

Max Trades 2 2

ConsecSignals 15 15

Initial deposit 50K 50K

Result 1 year 365K 408K + 43K (12%)

DD 23.46% 11.84%

Relative DD 23.46% 20.87%

If the Take Profit would be increased by an optimized value, we may even get better results as the market usually reverse itself meaning that, with a TP of 999, we are sure to eventually loose the 35 pips of the TS.

What do you guys think ? In any case, this is an interesting improvement !

Firstly great work by everyone involved.

What currency pairs did you use for these results? I've downloaded the required and read through everything I could get my hands on. I wish to begin testing.

Reason: