Phoenix optimization - page 10

bertbin:

On the graphs that Damiani shows, there is another indicator named 1Damitrix or 1Damitrix adaptsys that seems great for the trend (and reverse/bounce moments)

But unfortunatly I didn't find it in the avalaible indicators...

Any idea(s) ???

Idea? Yes I have idea: Ask Mario if he has it.

Yes he have it, see attachment lol

But, (yes there is always 'but') unfortunatelly it is only in EX4 format (already compiled) and it does not refresh values. So, you have to switch say from 30 min to 1hr and back to 30 min, to update/refresh indicator. But at least something is better than nothing, right?

Btw, sorry for delay, but in near future i will be mostly posting with delays.

One more thing - you two (Bertbin and Azbo) are cracking me up. So, even if I wouldn't be interested in this EA, I would still religiously read this threads

Mario

I looked through his site, and compared different indicators with Phoenix trading. I need to spend more time looking at the trend system. The volatility indicator often filters out Phoenix trades, which I thought was rather interesting. Something to study more. He writes elegant code, and he left some of his experimentations in as comments.

I'll look into his methods and redistribution policies, thanks for the reference.

alamanjani:
Idea? Yes I have idea: Ask Mario if he has it.

Yes he have it, see attachment lol

But, (yes there is always 'but') unfortunatelly it is only in EX4 format (already compiled) and it does not refresh values. So, you have to switch say from 30 min to 1hr and back to 30 min, to update/refresh indicator. But at least something is better than nothing, right?

Btw, sorry for delay, but in near future i will be mostly posting with delays.

One more thing - you two (Bertbin and Azbo) are cracking me up. So, even if I wouldn't be interested in this EA, I would still religiously read this threads

Mario

Thanks Mario. Will try this indicator. Did you experiment aNina_v1 ? Very simple and quite interesting..

Hope that's you dont' leave us...

See you

Hi colleagues,

I have the question about optimization.

Before optimize Phoenix (5_7_0) I decided to clear up one thing.

Phoenix opened a posotion at realtime on demo, for examle 22/02/2007. On 1 day after that I started tester on histoty (whith 22/02/2007) and did not find this position.

Why? Why Phoenix do not work on history and on realrime equally? If it is really so, than any test or optimization are absurdity..

Please, help me to understand..

serhio:
Hi colleagues,

Phoenix opened a posotion at realtime on demo, for examle 22/02/2007. On 1 day after that I started tester on histoty (whith 22/02/2007) and did not find this position.

Why? Why Phoenix do not work on history and on realrime equally? If it is really so, than any test or optimization are absurdity..

Hi Serhio

Welcome here

I am sorry I din't quite understand your question : can you reformulate it ? I will try to answer you (if I can !!!)

See you

serhio:
Hi colleagues,

If you want real time and history to match at the beginning, you need to start the real time at midnight server time on the same day. I usually backtest from Saturday to saturday, because I know the results will include all hours of friday, no saturday, all of sunday.

bertbin:
Hi Serhio

Welcome here

I am sorry I din't quite understand your question : can you reformulate it ? I will try to answer you (if I can !!!)

See you

Hi bertbin

Thanks for the intention to help.

daraknor answer's enough for me..

Thanks daraknor I'll try..

Potting Signals for Optimization

I would like to optimize using visual inspection of charts as Phoenix trades on my demo account. For optimal results, this requires that I plot each of the four signals. Signal 1 is merely the Envelope indicator that comes with MT4 (although it only accepts 2 decimal places in the %). Can anyone suggest how to get all the signals on the charts as indicators at the same time?

Signal 2 is the smoothed moving averages.

double SMA1=iMA(NULL,0,P_SMAPeriod,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,1);

double SMA2=iMA(NULL,0,P_SMAPeriod,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE,P_SMA2Bars);

SMA Period would be the same as the Period value. Is the Shift value the same as SMA2Bars?

Signal 3 is the same as MACD, I think. The values of MACD are FastEMA, SlowEMA, and MACD SMA. Are these the same as OSMAFast, OSMASlow, and OSMASignal?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Countertrending

Further question about Signal 4. Is this a countertrending signal like Signals 2 and 3?

autumnleaves:
Further question about Signal 4. Is this a countertrending signal like Signals 2 and 3?

Do you ask the indicator showing the Signals by Phoenix?

If yes, go to post #340 in Live Testing reports. You will see the indicator attached.

I use the indicator to visualize the signals generated by Phoenix, and tried to find other ways to generate much better signals. Results are very hopeful.

Reason: