Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 20

autumnleaves:

Special thanks to PC for all the effort he put into creating the new 5.7.1 converter.

I second this, PC thank you.

But, i didn't know, we need any converter. I didn't know, there are any settings files. They are?!?

In that case, please, put them and share them in the setting file thread

Mario

autumnleaves:
Special thanks to PC for all the effort he put into creating the new 5.7.1 converter. Let us hope it does not become obsolete too soon. Autumn

Your welcome. I honestly expect it to last only a week or two. Then I will need to make a 5.7.1 to 5.7.2 or 3 as the case may be. The hope is that stability will be soon for mode 3.

alamanjani:
I second this, PC thank you.

But, i didn't know, we need any converter. I didn't know, there are any settings files. They are?!?

In that case, please, put them and share them in the setting file thread.

Mario

Your welcome. I don't have any settings files myself, but other people had a lot of settings files they were working with and they didn't want the order of the variables to change radically. Since I wanted to change the order of the variables radically I thought it was important to help them out, so I created the converters. I am learning the processes so my settings files are not worthy of review.

Got a new idea today - to avoid "outsync" of phoenix, means there are many many signals and only a few orders opened because of "max 1 order restriction", so you can get VERY different results simply by starting expert in different time (with the same parameters). - The cure is simple - open an order (with small lotsize maybe) for each signal, or after N consecutive signals, regardless of already opened orders. So, the optimization can be performed for ALL possible signals, not only for "no opened orders" time. In addition, another idea about this approach is : the "stronger" (continuous) signal will open more orders, and "weaker" (short term, accidental) signal will open only one order, not much affecting the entire picture.

Tried this today - the results are not so bad - for GBPUSD 15M backtesting:

1) time delay between orders - not less than 15mins (new "minutes_order" parameter) - to prevent multiple orders for one signal

2) fixed signal_count, counting bars, not ticks

3) MM=false

4) pref_settings=true

5) period 2006.06-2007.1

results: signal_count=2 : +2678 pips, max DD 336 pips, 124 orders.

signal_count=1 : +5524 pips, max DD 672 pips, 285 orders.

P.S. all above ONLY for "Phoenix_Mode=1", for 2,3 - results unpredictable

P.S.S. based on Phoenix_5_6_03.mq4

Files:
multi_fenix.gif  28 kb
fenix3.mq4  35 kb

Dagnar:
Got a new idea today - to avoid "outsync" of phoenix, means there are many many signals and only a few orders opened because of "max 1 order restriction", so you can get VERY different results simply by starting expert in different time (with the same parameters). - The cure is simple - open an order (with small lotsize maybe) for each signal, or after N consecutive signals, regardless of already opened orders. So, the optimization can be performed for ALL possible signals, not only for "no opened orders" time. In addition, another idea about this approach is : the "stronger" (continuous) signal will open more orders, and "weaker" (short term, accidental) signal will open only one order, not much affecting the entire picture.

1) time delay between orders - not less than 15mins (new "minutes_order" parameter) - to prevent multiple orders for one signal

3) MM=false

4) pref_settings=true

5) period 2006.06-2007.1

Starting in 5.6.4 maxtrades was a setting that allowed multiple trades for mode1. My preference is maxtrades=5-10 and signal_count=20-40. I'm glad we came up with the same solution

Dagnar:

3) MM=false

4) pref_settings=true

5) period 2006.06-2007.1

Interesting solution. Could we eventually control the MM by adjusting the "Maxtrade and lot size" manually or automatic as the account increase ?

You and Daraknor are very good observers and have a good understanding of the code and settings. That is what is missing for most of us, a good understanding of the settings so we can explore and contribute. I am glad some of you are working on a guide. It doesn't have to be elaborate as we all know, Pheonix will greatly evolve in the comming weeks.

CoolSter:
i already changed it to 3 before i start the EA.

You can see in the 'comment' inside the picture i attach before.

any idea?

Hi Coolster

Ok. You had one trade only and you are sure that you are in Mode 3...

A lot of things can happend : an EA is an "rustic and hand made" system. Working good at 99,99%...Than first the 0,01% can fail...

Even if our "bigs heads programers and thinkers" put all their heart and knowledge to get a 100%... Don't throw stone coz if you go inside Phoenix you will see waht the hell it is !!!!!!

On other hand, you and EA depends of : your computer, electricity, connections, signal, serveur, brooker.. all these people generate "noise and mosquito sh*t".... that can disturb the moment that Phoenix generates is 3 trades... One passed... the others 2 one have been rejected...

Don't put to much attention in that : verify now, hours after hours and days after days, everything is ok and working well

My 2c

bertbin:
Hi Coolster

Ok. You had one trade only and you are sure that you are in Mode 3...

A lot of things can happend : an EA is an "rustic and hand made" system. Working good at 99,99%...Than first the 0,01% can fail...

Even if our "bigs heads programers and thinkers" put all their heart and knowledge to get a 100%... Don't throw stone coz if you go inside Phoenix you will see waht the hell it is !!!!!!

On other hand, you and EA depends of : your computer, electricity, connections, signal, serveur, brooker.. all these people generate "noise and mosquito sh*t".... that can disturb the moment that Phoenix generates is 3 trades... One passed... the others 2 one have been rejected...

Don't put to much attention in that : verify now, hours after hours and days after days, everything is ok and working well

My 2c

you got a point there.

this is my setting:

t1,t2,t3 = 1,1,1.7

maxrisk = 0.05

mode = 3

i think i will switch to my previous settting of 0.8,1,1.2 .

thankz for your concern bertbin

Coolster: were all of the other settings at defaults? I haven't tested all possible combinations of settings so if you have the same issue again, I would love to see all of your settings.

M6M6: maxrisk uses the account balance to choose lot size. If the balance goes up (Phoenix is winning) then the lotsize goes up automatically. Increasing at a higher rate and from very complex factors is possible in Phoenix 6. The architecture for that feature is almost complete, but I don't have good settings or indicators to use with it yet.

daraknor:
Coolster: were all of the other settings at defaults? I haven't tested all possible combinations of settings so if you have the same issue again, I would love to see all of your settings. M6M6: maxrisk uses the account balance to choose lot size. If the balance goes up (Phoenix is winning) then the lotsize goes up automatically. Increasing at a higher rate and from very complex factors is possible in Phoenix 6. The architecture for that feature is almost complete, but I don't have good settings or indicators to use with it yet.

MM = false

lots = 0.1

t1,t2,t3 = 1,1,1.7

other setting at defaults.

Just want to suggest something on EURUSD pair..

Can you make an 'Opposite Order' function in phoenix?

I noticed that EURUSD loss around 1000+ pips per month.

Let's say phoenix detect buy signal from the chart, but it places a sell order to broker.

So the negative pips will be positive then.

just my 2c

Reason: