It's hard to find the latest files here

I believe this is the best forum I ever be involved. But as time passes and new EA's and Indicators are posted, this is begining to be very very confuse.

I strongly sugest that some new procedures must be used in order to avoid this problem. In some months nobody can find sorted documentation of anything.

We need a repository of EA and Indicators with some rules for posting. I have some tons of this material and for the most I have no idea of what they do.

It is possible that if all this material is organised much more can be developed. This is valid specialy for indicators. There are many many indicators not documented. We do not know parameters, what they do, and the theoretical bases.

On big step would be the creation of a Indicators Forum on the Elite section, the first post of every new thread would be the indicator file and the description of it. If a user have an indicator without any documentation the indicator is posted and any user that have doc about it will continue in a new post.

The same could be apply to an EA forum.

Hope this help all efforts, and with the help of everyone this could be done in a few weeks.

kokas:
I believe this is the best forum I ever be involved. But as time passes and new EA's and Indicators are posted, this is begining to be very very confuse.

I strongly sugest that some new procedures must be used in order to avoid this problem. In some months nobody can find sorted documentation of anything.

We need a repository of EA and Indicators with some rules for posting. I have some tons of this material and for the most I have no idea of what they do.

It is possible that if all this material is organised much more can be developed. This is valid specialy for indicators. There are many many indicators not documented. We do not know parameters, what they do, and the theoretical bases.

On big step would be the creation of a Indicators Forum on the Elite section, the first post of every new thread would be the indicator file and the description of it. If a user have an indicator without any documentation the indicator is posted and any user that have doc about it will continue in a new post.

The same could be apply to an EA forum.

Hope this help all efforts, and with the help of everyone this could be done in a few weeks.

kokas,

You suggestion is very good but I'm affraid that it is impossible because we have many exact opposite opinions about indicators and exact oposite trading systems. The same with EAs. There are no any uniform approach about it.

I know that there are many forums where administrators are acting as "regulator": "this strategy should be developed because i like it, but that strategy should be forgotten because I don't like it".

Our forum is different. If i want to say that i don't like some trading system i may act as a user: i may create my thread and start to develop my view on system or the other trading system. Example: asctrend thread.

I'm affraid that if we unify everything it will not be good.

Elite section is big now: 164 threads and 3,425 posts now. But we have several sticky threads:

- how to start with elite section;

- EA's files;

- two or 3 threads where I am posting the statements and results.

- Portfolio section of two threads with something new which was not tested yet.

I may do the same with this forum as well. For example i may start some sticky thread (which is always on the top of the page) here for example where i may post all the link about indicators, EAs and trading systems. Just to find it easy on this forum.

I just thinking and typing ...

I may create sticky threads on the same way as I did it for E-mails: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174336

It may be several sticky threads in public forum somewhere with many links and so on:

- indicators (sorted and with links);

- tools;

- EAs;

- trading systems;

- suggestions for trading systems;

- free analytics and free trading sygnals;

- links to e-books;

- links to other good forums.

It may be 6 or 8 sticky threads in total.

In may be in the same way that i did for emails https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174336 with all the links to other threads and so on.

I may do it from next week.

kokas, you suggestion is very good. Because sometimes I can not find something as well.

Hi again... well, thats your point. I continue to think that is a necessary step, and for the development you guys do here, you are going to think this way too in a near future

Thanks ok for me, I'm very organized, so I'm compiling all information I can, so thats ok

It's hard to find the latest files here

The problem is that the EA-file sticky thread is not locked. So as a result, you have to sift through dozens of pages of responses to find the latest updated EAs. And some of these responses are by people who are entirely new to MT4, thus you feel like you are wasting your time reading the thread. My suggestion is that the admin should be the only one posting anything in the EA-file sticky thread. Just a suggestion.....

PS. I'm trying to find Scalp_net_v1.5, and all of the indicators and presets necessary for it. Can someone direct me to them? Thanks.

Yoda_Glenn:
The problem is that the EA-file sticky thread is not locked. So as a result, you have to sift through dozens of pages of responses to find the latest updated EAs. And some of these responses are by people who are entirely new to MT4, thus you feel like you are wasting your time reading the thread. My suggestion is that the admin should be the only one posting anything in the EA-file sticky thread. Just a suggestion..... PS. I'm trying to find Scalp_net_v1.5, and all of the indicators and presets necessary for it. Can someone direct me to them? Thanks.

This EAs are here. In files' thread. Everything is posted on that thread.

As to your suggestion so i understand. But the problem is that i am very tired to post on the threads alone. It is the forum. It is not my personal place. And the people may support anyway.

Thanks, newdigital. I do appreciate your hardwork here, and I don't mean to be pushy in the least bit. You have a great forum here, and I'm not gonna leave if you don't take my suggestion. But, if you did take my suggestion, you would probably find yourself NOT directing people to files as much as you now do. Just a suggestion. Thanks for the help.

Yoda_Glenn:
Thanks, newdigital. I do appreciate your hardwork here, and I don't mean to be pushy in the least bit. You have a great forum here, and I'm not gonna leave if you don't take my suggestion. But, if you did take my suggestion, you would probably find yourself NOT directing people to files as much as you now do. Just a suggestion. Thanks for the help.

I created those files' thread especially to place the links to the latest files. As you understand I do not want to place just everything in one page (pips, equity, drawdown, risk, weekly pips, monthly pips and whatever people wanted). It will be very big page in this case.

Because, anything, and anyway, I will be the same question: "which EA may I use with my real money to have good profit". "Just say which one".

I think the statements will say more. I am attaching the statements weekly since the January this year for almost all the EAs.

I understand that people are spending some time analyzing the statements. I am receiving messages from the people: "ND, please say, which EA I may use with my real money".

How should I be care about somebody's real money?!

And few people only asked a real questions about EAs, about EAs performance, about the systems, about the losing orders and so on.

I am not disagree. I only want to say that I can do anything with the money if this money is mine: I may play forex, I may buy the beer and so on.

But how can I tell to somebody: use this EA or use that one? It is not my money ... How can I manage the money which is not mine? It is not simple. And it is impossible to do it just simple answering on the question: "use this EA and use that one". Because it is responsibility ...

I understand what the people want to listen from me. But they are asking not in right way.

For example, I may say which EA I am using with my real money. And why. And what is my thinking about some EAs concerning my real money. I may say everything about it and I may say my personal opinion about EAs.

And i may answer on the question about which EA I use if I will have deposit of ... size. I may say everything. I may say everything just about about what I'd do ... if I'd have ...(will have) ...

Just the same answer but without other money mentioned.

Files

I have to agree with Yoda. I too have wasted much time searching for files, Here's my suggestion.

1) Start CLOSED threads for each EA . List them in chronological order (easy).

2) Each time there is a new version, put it at the top.

Thay way, each time somebody opens on the page, all they see is files. At that point all we want is a download of the latest or some other version of just the file, nothing else! This is basically what Yoda has said. CLOSED THREADS.

The rest of the pages are OK and your hard work is very much appreciated by all. If you structure file downloads that way, you'll never have to answer a member's question about files again. It will really help you Newdigital.

Pipsqueak2

pipsqueak2:
I have to agree with Yoda. I too have wasted much time searching for files, Here's my suggestion.

1) Start CLOSED threads for each EA . List them in chronological order (easy).

2) Each time there is a new version, put it at the top.

Thay way, each time somebody opens on the page, all they see is files. At that point all we want is a download of the latest or some other version of just the file, nothing else! This is basically what Yoda has said. CLOSED THREADS.

The rest of the pages are OK and your hard work is very much appreciated by all. If you structure file downloads that way, you'll never have to answer a member's question about files again. It will really help you Newdigital.

Pipsqueak2

I started like this: each EA is having the thread. But the problem is the following: there are about 50 EAs. Plus settings, plus old versions.

Besides, some EAs are interesting for one week ony, and then people are trying to look at the other EAs. For example, many people were asking for PriceCross EA today, tomorrow they will ask for some other EA.

So I decided to maintain just one thread with all the files.

Probable we need some kind of announcement about new versions.

Yes I agree: I need to close 5 or 6 threads and clean some threads from the posts.

Reason: