Working with Excel (tools, indicators, conversion ...) - page 14

calculating "time" in a 1 hr XLS sheet

Hello folks,

I have been struggling with a formulation which searchs the time value, I can't find the correct way ( if there is one ?). The attached zip file shows two days of data from the currency pair GBP/USD on an hourly basis, which has Time, Open, High, Low, Close along with my poor attempt to formulate time in column G.

What I want to do is ....

"only calculate the difference between Close and High in the hour of 22:00"

I have an average understanding of programming XLS and can handle the "difference" part but not the "search Time" part. ( The formula I have in Col. G is incorrect in that it calls for the Time again, instead of Open in Col. C, all of which gives me error messages ).

Can anyone offer me some guidance in this problem?

Thanks for all assistance offered ...

Files:

iExposure - indicator - excel....

Hello.

I have one question. How to get data from indicator iEXposure to excel....How can it I transfer direct to the excel tabele...

I now to used the current data in excel (like: =MT4|BID!EURUSDm....)

I need, that i can transfer data from deals, buy, sell and so one....

Please, could me someone help by this problem?

Thanks

Need Code to read CSV File

Can some one give me code to read CSV file row by row and extract value of each cell ?

Format of excel, please see pic:

Thanks in Advance

Files:
excel.gif  9 kb

Expert for Daily and 1 hour data

Here is a simple program that i found over in forex factory that transfers the 1 hour and daily data into a the files folder in your brokers file folder in program files. Install it as an expert and its should send the csv file to the folder which you can use in excel.

Pip value using excel?

Hi

Could someone please post a formula for working out the pip value of the pairs.

Thanks in advance

basza:
Hi

Could someone please post a formula for working out the pip value of the pairs.

Thanks in advance

That depends on pair, account type, broker and include leverage is best.

A EURUSD standard account should be $10/lot. With a mini $1/lot.

But for CHF currently is $0.95

It's different for every pair and sometimes different for brokers. Best is to look at your broker values, specially for synthetic crosses.

Some help

Currency Converter for 164 Currencies

Linuxser:

It's different for every pair and sometimes different for brokers. Best is to look at your broker values, specially for synthetic crosses.

Some help

Thanks Linuxser for that link.

I'm trying to get pip values onto the dde spreadsheet that came with mt4, so have to try and find what gets / and * by what.

Linuxser:

Some help

Hi Linuxser

Do this values look right. I won't be able to test them till the market opens again as the are linked to the dde feed.

Files:
image2.jpg  116 kb

basza:
Hi Linuxser Do this values look right. I won't be able to test them till the market opens again as the are linked to the dde feed.

Seems it's ok.

Just make the calculation...

USD/CAD it's 1/1.0274 = 0.9733

0.9733 X 1 standard lots = 9.7333 pip/lot

Dde /api

Hi,

Somehow i got moved to a fibo thread last time so am attempting to post again. My query has nothing to do with fibo, more of a programming issue.

I am attempting to develop a link between excel and metatrader, using either the DDE or APi. I would like to be able to send orders from excel to metatrader . Also account details and order sizing so i can set my own MM criteria from excel.

What is the simplest way to do this and where can i find the applets or whatever that is required to achieve this?

I have the API code but m not sure how to use it. I had an earlier version that used DDE but canot fid the code for it.

Any help would be apprciated.

Regards

Latino

Reason: