XP Moving Average! - page 49

Hi, I am trying out xpma EA v11 (the latest version) and have a problem with it taking trades.

I'm testing on the 1m chart with default settings and tiny lot size, and had an instance where the trend was changing with a few up and down signals close together as the indicator flipped between the two. In the end it seemed to be 'stuck' with a buy when the trend turned down again for a good move, but the EA did not take a sell.

Is there any way of getting the EA to place the trade on the start of the next bar, hopefully to avoid the whipsaw on the bar where the arrow keeps changing direction?

Also, I have just noticed that it does not always place the large signal arrows. (On my 1min test chart.)

Please excuse me if the answer is in the thread! I have searched but not managed to find it yet, it is a long thread!

Many thanks for any help,

Steve

I'd just like to reiterate, I've spent years going through systems and indicators and in the end you find it's the most simple of the solutions that work.

I believe to make money you must understand that it's impossible to predict price and ensure you have a money management system that ensures that WHEN you are right, you're profitable.

This is the only indicator I use these days to give me an idea of the trend, and again I'd like to thank codersguru for the indicator and fxIgor for giving me the ideas on how to turn this cut throat business into something more.

I've had pretty good results with the xpMA expert adviser on a demo acct, but it hasn't made any trades on my real money acct with a $200 deposit. Does anyone know if it supports micro lots? The code seems to point to it only taking a 2 digit lot number, but I honestly don't know if I'm right on that.

I know this thread has been dead for a while, but does anyone know if this EA will trade microlots? It works great on a demo acct, but wont trade on my micro account.

When you try to run it on your account, are there any errors written out in the experts tab of terminal sub-window?

AXA83:
I know this thread has been dead for a while, but does anyone know if this EA will trade microlots? It works great on a demo acct, but wont trade on my micro account.
Files:
terminal.gif  58 kb

Yeah, basically it cant trade mini lots. The error was telling me that you cant place a trade of 0 size.

XPMA slows down my computer

Hi guys!

First of all thank you guru for sharing this indicator, it looks very nice. Just everytime I put it on my chart my metatrader gets very slow after a certain time. It gets so slow that I just have to remove it, otherwise I cannot do anything. Anyone else experiencing the same? any suggestions?

Could adapt some of your mql5 indicator ... I have an adaptation of the VMA. But vma and jma and get a very effective without lag ... removing basic ma, which are worth adapting and why ...

WR1:
Please can some change this indi to separate window

i've tried, but can only get it to display a straight line in the separate box

not sure why?

thanks very much

WR1

Here you go

Files:
xpma_v11_sw.mq4  13 kb

Thanks alot Mladen

its works great... and much better than a straight line

very much appreciated as always!