XP Moving Average! - page 27

codersguru:
Viat I don't see any difference (Visually or in code) between:

xpMA (Period = 5 - Type = 1) and

MA (Period = 5 - Type = 1)

In the screen shot above the chart hosting the 2 indicators (MA5 and xpMA5 - Both type 1) and no difference!!

There is a picture with explanations

viat

Files:
diff.png  13 kb

To be checked!

viat:
There is a picture with explanations viat

Ok, I'll check that! But are you sure you are using the last version of xpMA?

codersguru:
Ok, I'll check that! But are you sure you are using the last version of xpMA?

Yes. I'm using last one.

thanks

Last recap

This will be my last recap trading with xpma_V2, coz seems that nobodie else is trading it and i was trying to get experiences from other pairs and traders, showing the benefits of Xpma.

- Today night euro-us moved more than 50 pips down (i missed that one, i was sleeping an i dont hear my alarm )

- Later, i entered selling at 1.3276. Price moved down 20 pips and i move my sl to BE which was hitted. = BE.

- Later, i buy at 1.3288 and TP. at level 1 (1.3318) = +30 pips

Today= +30 pips.

viat:
Yes. I'm using last one. thanks

I think one of us missing something!

I checked xpMA5 + MA5 and didn't find any difference! I'm keeping the chart open to see more!

Keep The Good Work!

fxnewbie:
This will be my last recap trading with xpma_V2, coz seems that nobodie else is trading it and i was trying to get experiences from other pairs and traders, showing the benefits of Xpma.

- Today night euro-us moved more than 50 pips down (i missed that one, i was sleeping an i dont hear my alarm )

- Later, i entered selling at 1.3276. Price moved down 20 pips and i move my sl to BE which was hitted. = BE.

- Later, i buy at 1.3288 and TP. at level 1 (1.3318) = +30 pips

Today= +30 pips.

NO PLEASE KEEP THE GOOD WORK!

If you want I can build you an EA so you will missing trades while you are sleeping!

Just tell me in details 1-2-3 conditions of buy/sell/close!

I Will !!!

codersguru:
NO PLEASE KEEP THE GOOD WORK!

If you want I can build you an EA so you will missing trades while you are sleeping!

Just tell me in details 1-2-3 conditions of buy/sell/close!

I will !!!

Tks. Codersguru, your words encouraged me !!!

I think we got a good base to work with a succesful EA !! I will work to put the rules as clear and mechanical as i can. I will send you a PM as soon i finished. Im in the job now.

It feels soooo good to have your attention, coz the great programmer think that i find something valuable. Im very happy !!

fxnewbie:
I will !!!

Tks. Codersguru, your words encouraged me !!!

I think we got a good base to work with a succesful EA !! I will work to put the rules as clear and mechanical as i can. I will send you a PM as soon i finished. Im in the job now.

It feels soooo good to have your attention, coz the great programmer think that i find something valuable. Im very happy !!

FXNewbie, I too have been following your posts all the way through and am very interested in your findings.

Could you please post the "rules as clear and mechanical as I can" here in the forum instead of just a PM to codersguru, so that we can possibly enter into the testing with you?

Thank you again.

Mike

codersguru:
I think one of us missing something! I checked xpMA5 + MA5 and didn't find any difference! I'm keeping the chart open to see more!

I checked with Alpari and FXDD feeds on 1m charts( fastest way to start see differences) This chart is ALpari feed 1m with too MA's. Historically they are the same but lately are slightly differ as times goes up.

thanks

Files:
10.9.2006.gif  12 kb

Hi guys. I only found XPMA yesterday and I think it is definitely a useful indicator. Great job Codersguru! I just have one question, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before many times but I just didn't fancy going through 27 pages. Does the indicator repaint the past or is it 100% accurate as to what it would have really done? Because if it doesn't repaint it looks awesome.

Thanks for any help

Reason: