XP Moving Average! - page 7

adrazz:
Anyone else have any trading idea's for these? Maybe using some kind of filter?

I hope we can find some; the indicator is so great by itself, but just somehow needs to filter the whipsaw. Maybe Codersguru would have a suggestion on a filter for the whipsaw?

indicators

All indicators described, you can find in this post and in the collection of our friend prasxz, senior member of this forum ( i dont know if is allowed to name his site, but you can find him in the member list. Joining is free).

filter

adrazz:
Anyone else have any trading idea's for these? Maybe using some kind of filter?

Maybe using bunnygirls system filter?

- 30 min. charts

- Ma 5

- Ma 20

- (buy) 20 pips + spread above of ma 5-20 cross,

- (sell) 20 pips below the cross of ma 5-20.

I just need some clarification on the files we are to use since there seem to be some confusion with version numbers. I guess the latest version can be found at http://www.xpworx.com/XP%20Moving%20Average%202.htm

which indicates its version2, but in this thread its version 3. I want to confirm that we should be using what is posted in the URL which contains the following files:

• JMA.mq4
  • T3MA.mq4
  • xpMA_V2.mq4

Also, do we still need 18195-xp-moving-average-t3.mq4 which was posted in this thread?

fxnewbie,

Can you provide a template of your chart? Some of the indicators I have, I am not sure what they mean?

chart

et_phonehome_2:
fxnewbie, Can you provide a template of your chart? Some of the indicators I have, I am not sure what they mean?

Hope this help !

Files:
chart.gif  30 kb

Please help me,... I can't found indicator MA TUNNEL

thank's 4 help

Even version 2 repaints the past

Hi guys,

After testing this XPMAv2 live last night, I acted upon a sell signal. But then I came back to the screen and realised it had changed colour! This is bad news. But I don't think it repaints as far back as the original version, it just repaints up to 1 bar. Hence, backtesting this, is useless.

Thanks for the effort guys, but I'm not as confident in this indicator as I originally was.

fx_geezer:
Hi guys,

After testing this XPMAv2 live last night, I acted upon a sell signal. But then I came back to the screen and realised it had changed colour! This is bad news. But I don't think it repaints as far back as the original version, it just repaints up to 1 bar. Hence, backtesting this, is useless.

Thanks for the effort guys, but I'm not as confident in this indicator as I originally was.

Hi fx_geezer. Are you waiting for bar to be closed and then short? Or are you acting on change color?

thanks

viat

Reason: