TD Sequential - page 2

I got this one from FF. The numbers keep flashing/blinking until the arrow came out (finished). Can somebody check the code or at least make it fixed (numbers). . Where can i find TD Combo?

Files:

Need help to use custom indicator in EA

Hi. I have this custom indicator i found somewhere. It is a Tom Demark sequential indicator. I've done some visual backtesting and it seems to be fairly accurate in spotting trend reversals. To see where i can make improvements and to some backtesting I've tried to make this into an EA. Unfortuntely i have failed so far....

Since im no coder i used the expert advisor builder i have found somewhere on the web. First off i tried to copy the code from the indicator to the ea, and after a lot of tweaking i could compile the EA but no trade is made when trying it.

My second attempt was to try to use the custom indicator in the EA using the icustom function but i could not figure out how the get the BUY/SELL alerts to be recognized by the EA..

Could somebody please give me a hand here? Maybe suggest on how i could use the icustom function in the EA?

Cheers

Ronyn

Im attaching the custom indicator

TD CoMBO and TD Sequential

I just want to mention that TD Seq and TD COMBO are almost the same . TD COMBO adds some more requirements to the TD SEQ existing rules and process. Therefore, TD-COMBO is more accurate and you get less signals with TD-COMBO.

re TD Sequential

babarmughal:
Hi Guys,

Has anyone got DeMark's TD Sequential indicators with full setup instructions

Thanks

Babar

Hi Babar

See section called Applying TD Sequential....

Xard777

Sadly:
This would be good!

Would someone be so kind as to add the following to TD Sequential_v1.mq4

- A small '9' for a setup;

- A larger '9' for a prefection setup

- The 13 bar 'Countdown' with a small '13' for a setup and large '13' for a prefection setup.

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/18/screenshot011.jpg

Big hugs, peace and harmony pour toi!

Did you get what you described?

If you have it, could you please send me the .mq4 file for it?

Thanks.

The back test of TD Sequential (the large portfolio long/short since 1980).

re12:
The back test of TD Sequential (the large portfolio long/short since 1980).

Nice research

No results in the classical initial deposit - gain/loss form (at least for an optimal results)?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Something Interesting

Sergey Golubev, 2016.07.10 08:26

Tom DeMark’s TD Sequential :

TD Sequential - indicator for MetaTrader 4

TD Sequential - indicator for MetaTrader 4

-----

The New Science of Technical Analysis
by Thomas R. Demark

From the Foreword by John J. Murphy "DeMark's work as a consultant has been restricted to large institutions and many of the legendary traders in the world today. By sharing his creative ideas with us, as well as his passion for precision and improvement, Tom DeMark's emphasis on the 'new science' of technical analysis helps push the technical frontier another step forward. With the unprecedented attention now being paid to technical analysis, this new book couldn't have come at a better time."
-John J. Murphy, bestselling author of Technical Analysis of the Futures Markets and Intermarket Technical Analysis, and technical analyst for CNBC

"This book is filled with innovative, creative, and clever new ideas on technical analysis. Tom DeMark has done a wonderful job of turning subjective techniques into objective strategies and tactics."
- Courtney Smith President and CIO Pinnacle Capital Management, Inc.

"Those who know him and his work call him the consummate technician--a trading system developer without peer."
- Futures magazine

"DeMark is the ultimate indicator and systems guy. No one touches him. I know the Holy Grail of trading systems doesn't exist because if it did, Tom would have found it by now."
- James Bianco Director of Arbor Trading

"Tom DeMark is a genuine leader who has been behind-the-scenes until now. Publishing DeMark is a coup."
- Ralph Vince author of The Mathematics of Money Management

Analyzing charts using DeMark Sequential and Murray-Gann levels - the article (MT5)

Thomas DeMark is one of the well-known authors writing about trading. In his book "The New Science of Technical Analysis", DeMark describes several techniques of working with charts. One of them is called Sequential. It focuses on a trend in development — from its inception to the expected reversal. Some time ago, I developed an indicator and posted it on the Market — for MQL4 and MQL5.

The feedback from users boiled down to the following: "Hey! You've put great effort into this. But how can I use it for trading? Your indicator has too many icons and arrows, and I didn't understand a thing about the levels in the ninth picture... Please write the manual!"

So, here it is. ;-)

Do you know how typical book titles looked in the 17th century? Something like "A complete instruction on trading using DeMark Sequential written by Oleh Fedorov with his own hand based on the materials of his own research in order to make life of his fellow traders easier". ("Complete" is clearly an overstatement here. In fact, these are the techniques and conclusions that turned out useful for me. I hope, they might be useful for someone else as well).

The article provides several examples of hypothetical trades that could have happened if I had encountered the necessary conditions shown in the images below. ;-) The terminal time is  GMT+3, quotes - MetaTrader 5, MetaQuotes-Demo.

Analyzing charts using DeMark Sequential and Murray-Gann levels
Analyzing charts using DeMark Sequential and Murray-Gann levels
  • www.mql5.com
Thomas DeMark Sequential is good at showing balance changes in the price movement. This is especially evident if we combine its signals with a level indicator, for example, Murray levels. The article is intended mostly for beginners and those who still cannot find their "Grail". I will also display some features of building levels that I have not seen on other forums. So, the article will probably be useful for advanced traders as well... Suggestions and reasonable criticism are welcome...
Reason: