Secrets of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal - page 7

MT4 questions

I have two quick questions about MT4.

1) When I go back in history in a currency chart and then scroll forward with the forward key it scrolls forward multiple bars. How can I set it to scroll only one bar at a time?

2) if I have two charts side by side (one 1 minute and the other 5 or 15 minutes), is there a way to a) change the currency pair in both charts at a time, and b) more importantly, can I scroll forward in the 1 minutes chart and then have the higher time frame "keep up" with the 1 minute chart by scrolling forward 1 bar for every 5 or 15 bars on the 5 or 15 minute chart, respectively?

Thanks for any assistance with this.

One: Yes, use the step by step key built into MT. Dont know what that is? Use a search of the help tab.

Two A: Yes, if both charts gets the symbol from and at the same place, if a change in symbol is made it will change both. Hint, set the symbol in say your 1M chart and have it write to a globol variable, have all other charts read this variable to get which currency pair to display.

Two B: "can I scroll forward in the 1 minutes chart and then have the higher time frame "keep up". NO, if one can scroll forward that would make trading to easy, it be like knowing today what tomorrows prices will look like.

There is a way to do, as you are thinking. but you would have to create your own charts, there is no connections between the bars in two MT charts. Creating your own charts will let you control which data bars to display based on the bar of another chart using a similar techneque as in Two A, above.

Keit

Attach and Indicator

Seem simple enough....select an indicator and drop an drag. I am trying to overlap a MA to a window with another indicator, well, when I attach it to the chart it jumps to the main window. Any help is appreciated.

merl4:
Seem simple enough....select an indicator and drop an drag. I am trying to overlap a MA to a window with another indicator, well, when I attach it to the chart it jumps to the main window. Any help is appreciated.

You need to drop the indicator (standard, not custom) on the previous indicator. After drop you will have a new windows, and that windows select Apply to first indicator data.

For a detailed example read this thread.

MT$ Default Color Scheme

The default color sheme that opens with MT4 charts and EA Tester charts is terrible, and the drop down menu offers more terrible color schemes.

There is no save current scheme button, and I can not find the folder where the default one is.

Could anyone assist on where to find the default scheme, and how to get custom color schemes into the drop down menu?

Thanks,

BlueMental.

BlueMental:
The default color sheme that opens with MT4 charts and EA Tester charts is terrible, and the drop down menu offers more terrible color schemes.

There is no save current scheme button, and I can not find the folder where the default one is.

Could anyone assist on where to find the default scheme, and how to get custom color schemes into the drop down menu?

Thanks,

BlueMental.

Customize your template and save it with "Default" name

Hi, Thanks for your post.

I did this (save it as default) and it does work when opening a new chart, but it does not work in the Tester. There it still opens the original Black with grid charts.

Do you perhaps know how to solbe that one? I am going to try saving it as 'tester' or 'expert' and see what happens.

Sorry for taking so long to read your reply, I only recently found a way to view my previous posts.

BlueMental.

ps AHA! it works saved as tester.tpl

Thanks a lot.

combining indicators to one window

Hi, I would like to know how to combine 2 indicators into a single window.

You can take the second indicator from the left (navigator window) and drag it to the chart window where the first indicator is displayed.

Reason: