Fixing the bars on Metatrader

I would like to go back to a certain time and then step through each candle one at a time. Is there anyway of doing this in Metatrader so you can prevent yourself from seeing future bars. So far, i have just been scrolling forward one bar at a time but when i want to zoom in to see more past data, my positioning changes, i end up in a different location on the charts etc and i end up having to scroll back or forward to my place.

I really want to be able to zoom in and out without my current position being affected. Has anybody written any code so this can be done.

Look forward to hearing your responses.

Cheers,

Steve

Dude thats only just the autoscroll thing theres a button up the top on the toolbar next to where zoom + & - is unclick it and it wont auto move.

Go to view/toolbars/charts and make sure its ticked and you will see the toolbar.

Sorry, i don't think you fully understand my problem, i always have autoscroll unchecked otherwise it would go to the end of the charts each time some new tick data came in.

This is not what i was referring to. I basically want to be able to lock the charts so i cannot possibly see any future data from the point i am looking at. So, if i go back to March 1st 2007, i do not want to be able to see any future data unless i step through the candles. Currently, if i zoom in a little to see more past data, i will start to see more data in the future, which is not what i want. Try it, you will see what i mean.

CHeers,

Steve

Reason: