Welcome to the world of XP_EMAs

I'm so happy that the XP_EMAs has played a good game in the first week in September contest!

In this thread I am going to reply any questions about this EA like how it works and the best settings/pairs to play with!

Let's give it first the chance to pass the September contest then discuss it together!

----------------

Settings: Default

TimeFrame: 1H

Pairs:

EURUSD

USDCHF

GBPUSD

USDJPY

AUDUSD

USDCAD

Files:
xp_emas.mq4  8 kb

Coders' Guru:

Thank's for posting. Could you basically tell us how it work's as I see no statements posted.

Idea behind!

It's a combination of 3 of exponential moving averages that working together to get the best point of entry/exit!

the medium moving average is 20 period (hours) exponential moving average

the high moving average is 2 period (hours) exponential moving average

and the low moving average is 3 period (hours) exponential moving average

These values have been got by a lot of back/forward testing the EA.

Easy huh? Yes! I don't believe in complex systems!

The condition of selling and buying are:

1- We Buywhen the low ema crosses up the medium ema.

2- We Sellwhen the high ema crosses down the medium ema.

3- We Close sell when we open a buy and close buy when we open a sell.

You can find the statement at the weekly performance thread

Xp

does this ea close the current position if it gets a signal in the opposite direction? if not can it be changed to do so?

nnjeim:
does this ea close the current position if it gets a signal in the opposite direction? if not can it be changed to do so?

Yes, It closes the sell position when it gets a buy signal (opposite signal) and the same happenes with the buy position.

Thanks Ahmed for the interestingly simple EA. I've got it running on a seperate MT4 demo on 1hr charts on default settings...and just for the fun of it i've set up audio alerts on the crosses on a manual MT4 demo account to see if this system would work out as a manual system. . . i even added a simple indicator that has audio alerts on the 2/3 cross of the 20 and draws the arrows on the chart for a visual. If this wouls help visualize what is going on let me know and i'll post a link for downloading : )

It is MT4 demo EA test number 16 going round the clock on my two PCs . . . LOL. Had to make it an even number : )

Cheers,

Thom

other ea

will the xp ea trade with other ea loaded on other charts.

the reason i am asking this is because i didn't see a magic no setting .

ty

make i a mistake ?

the ea dont work

2 and 3 cross 20 and dont sell

Files:
xpemas.gif  35 kb

che:
make i a mistake ?

the ea dont work

2 and 3 cross 20 and dont sell

It works.

I am testing it and it works. I don't know about this particular cross but i think it is necessary to look inside the code (sorry don't have MetaTrader now as i am not at home now).

ok thanks

but i have the problem and all pair

Files:
xpemas_2.gif  50 kb

che:
ok thanks but i have the problem and all pair

A i understand you just want to compare the logic explained by Codersguru with EA's trading. Right? I think Codersguru explained the logic of this EA in very simple way.

Because this EA is not trading often (accoding to forward testing) but it should trade more often according to the crosing.

che,

i can not look inside the code of this EA as i am out of any MetaTrader now. I will look inside the code tomorrow.

BTW you may do it.

Because it should be something else inside the code (outside Codersguru explanation) because EA is not trading often.

I just attached EA to the pairs with default settings and it is all that I did. And EA did some trades for the last week and it was profitable totally.

Reason: