Does your EA manage the trades?

• 62% (30)
  • 38% (18)
Total voters: 48

I was looking at the average holding time in the statistic report and came this question. So came this poll to ask everyone in this forum if your EA how does it handle the trades.

Those who vote yes, how do you manage the trades? ie: the method.

Does managing your trades shows more profit? 

Complete exits:

Protective counter position, for example at news time. Similar to a stop loss ;)

The EA decides ;) that the trend changes to a counter trend.

Partial exits:

Pull back in a trend, one of linear regression protective trend lines is hit. I call this the "gear change method" ;-)

For example the EA uses linear regressions of period 50 (gear3 = the fastest), 100 (gear2) , 200 (gear1).

If in an uptrend the price hits the lr50 ,  a part of the position is sold and the trend follower switches one gear lower.

If lr100 is hit, we switch in this example to lr200, and again sell part of the position.

if lr200 is hit the EA closes the position.

The periods of the linear regressions might depend on the choosen currency and its volitility.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Types - Documentation on MQL5

anyone want to share their method? Mine is just sit there till it hit tp / sl
Reason: